Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Looking for a high end 27" monitor for retouching/animation etc…
  • coogan
    Free Member

I’m looking at these for the Studio I run:

http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/products/lcd/VP2772.php

They have excellent reviews and come highly recommended. Does any graphics whizz kids out there use these? Good? Bad? Awesome? And what would you recommend other than these?

We do lots of retouching work, artwork, digital work, After Effects work. So we want something with good accurate colour. Getting a demo of monitors is nigh on impossible as I’m sure you know, so before splashing the cash, looking for some real life experiences.

Ta!

coogan
    Free Member

I’m just gonna bump this up a bit 🙂

pushbikerider
    Free Member

…have a gander in the latest issue of PC Pro mag, I think they had reviews of high end monitors in there this month…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrSmith
    Free Member

Eizo CG class.
    you should be able to switch colour spaces (rec709 etc) and for soft proofing work have control over contrast ratios to simulate paper. i use a GG 241W for retouching and basic editing and dabbling with resolve.
    the CG monitors do their own colour control and bypass the graphics card
    i wouldn’t use anything else for colour critical work and see CG class Eizo’s in soho grading suites so they are not just for pre-press. and the specs will tell you how much of moving image and stills colour spaces they cover.
    there are similar monitors from NEC (spectraview range) but there is an issue with the management software where you have to pay for it in europe but it’s free in the US? they actually block some functionality thats enabled in other sales territories.

hopefullyt you are not using an iMac with everything turned up to max and sitting in a bright white trendy office like most of my clients do 🙄
    having a colour critical monitor absolves you from all the client complaints about colour when you tell them your 120cd/m2 A1998 2.2 gamma screen is showing correct colour and their iPhone/ipad/pc laptop/imac is wrong.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a high end 27" monitor for retouching/animation etc…’ is closed to new replies.