Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • looking for a hard tail frame, xs, 31.6mm seatpost, cheap as possible
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

Hello, can anyone think of a frame that suits the above criteria? I’m looking to build a hardtail for my wife. I did look at On One but I have a reverb size 31.6mm, so a frame that matches this would be ideal, but perhaps this isn’t essential. if anyone can think of something that might suit please let me know. cheers.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Cheap as possible – means a budget of ???? Roughly. 50, 100, 200,….

theendisnigh
    Free Member

errr dunno really, liked the on one prices, perhaps up to £300? I guess i should have put must be dropper post compatible, preferably 31.6mm.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Keep an eye on here:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/clearance_corner/clearance_frames

I honestly dont know about the XS thing – infact I’d have reservations (I’m 5’9 on a small/16 (feels best)) so a XS???.

Mmmmm.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

She is only 5’2″, so she does need xs, On One size guide suggests XS 14″ for 5’2″ – 5’7″ height riders.

Those carbon whippets are a steal………. must not buy for me…. must…. not…. buy ……for…….me!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Er, I know this one . . . that’ll be one of these . . . please, please buy it so I dont have to 😕

Taff
    Free Member

XC frame? I have an azonic evolution frame which is a small frame that takes a front mech and 31.8mm post but it’s a bit heavy for XC use. BrandX used to have a frame but think most were 27.2

theendisnigh
    Free Member

hmmm that evil sovereign looks just right, its probably too big for her, but I can pretend it won’t be and then keep it for me.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

it does say low top tube, so maybe it will be ok…. its getting her feet to reach the ground that worries me rather than reaching the bars.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

We’ve got a specialized myka elite frame which was too small sitting in the garage at the moment pretty sure it’s a 15″ frame. Fairly light aswell as it is the M4 version and takes the 31.6mm post can also come with matching forks but the darts may be a little basic . Let me know if it’s of interest.

stevede
    Free Member

BFe ticks all the boxes. Maybe a bit of a stretch of the budget but they are great frames.

messiah
    Free Member
    theendisnigh
    Free Member

Thanks fellas, I was thinking the evil, but that Merlin is great value. really useful thread for me, cheers 🙂

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Orange Lad, I’ve sent you an email about that Myka.

toys19
    Free Member

Cotic tweeted me a month or so ago on a discussion about XS BFe:

@toys19_ we’re not doing xs in the new bfe as we hardly sold any of he current ones. Got plenty of them in stock. Make us an offer

from here

I am too busy loving my Saracen Zen but I need/should follow up..

MrTall
    Free Member

Orange – Isn’t the Spesh Myka a 30.9 seatpost? My Wifes Myka is and so are the other 2 spesh’s in the household?

chakaping
    Free Member

Got my wife a 13″ Myka Pro, it’s great for her at about 5ft 1in.

Pretty sure it’s a 30.9mm seatpost, but that’s not to say others could be 31.6mm (do check though).

njee20
    Free Member

Yep all Spesh frames are 30.9 posts.

njee20
    Free Member

Bargain, or slightly over budget.

Both are 15″, but come with 31.6 posts.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Yes sorry my mistake the myka is 30.9 I got a little confused.

nwill1
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve very recently brought a lightly used xs BFE (blue) in place of my Blender, but made an awful mistake as its tiny! Excellent ride but can’t get the seatpost high enough to pedal properly. Selling it frame only (with black hope headset) in the next few days. Will be a good price email me at nwill1 AT ymail DOT com for full details and photos.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Yes sorry my mistake the myka is 30.9 I got a little confused.

seat post sizes are confusing. Incompatibility of parts can be very depressing. Could be another thread………….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘looking for a hard tail frame, xs, 31.6mm seatpost, cheap as possible’ is closed to new replies.