Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Looking for a decent soft shell
  • joepud
    Free Member

After MANY years it’s finally time to replace my intrepid apparel soft shell. Struggling to really find anything decent currency in the running is either the fox ranger fire or flexair but is there anything else worth checking out?

joepud
    Free Member

Nice one cheers I will check it out!

moonsaballoon

I have a montane Dyno and it’s well worth a go . Seems to be the right choice for most autumn winter conditions and whilst not having a cycling cut it works absolutely fine with the bonus of being fine for off the bike .

nedrapier

I’d like to recommend a windshell and a choice of layers to go underneath depending on temps. You probably have the layers already.

Don’t know how you feel about that?

grum
    Free Member

Patagonia Dirt Roamer is kind of a soft shell, and is brilliant.

joepud
    Free Member

I’d like to recommend a windshell and a choice of layers to go underneath depending on temps. You probably have the layers already.

Don’t know how you feel about that?

To be honest normally I do that, but sometimes it not enough especially for short rides and commutes when I just want to be warm.

joepud
    Free Member

Patagonia Dirt Roamer is kind of a soft shell, and is brilliant.

just checked this out reviews seem good cheers!

Mounty_73

+1 Montane Dyno.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I have a Montane Dyno, it is good I just find it a bit bulky on the bike. I bought mine from Go Outdoors and it was about £80, looked to be some good Raab jackets of a similar type too. There’s the Alpkit Resolute jacket that looks decent too – https://alpkit.com/collections/mens-waterproof-jackets/products/resolute-mens-softshell-jacket

kraken2345
    Free Member

I was looking for a similar thing however have also bought some proper gore gloves, sealskinz socks and riding trousers so didn’t have a massive budget. I went for the endura windchill jacket based on forum posts, reviews and good experience with endura kit in the past, which I found for £65. It’s due to arrive today but I’m doing the beast of llangollen ride this weekend so it’ll get a proper try then.

easily
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/nukeproof-blackline-softshell-jacket

I’m very happy with it

hunta

I’ve got an Intrepid Apparel size Large that I bought in 2011 and wore once (too big). Let me know if you’re interested.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a decent soft shell’ is closed to new replies.