Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • "looking busy at work"
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It really is an art that’s hard to master!

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m the only person in the office today and have about 15 minutes work to do. I’m planning a nap.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Clearly busy at your computer on stw 🙂

khani
    Free Member

[watches thread with brush in hand]

khani
    Free Member

[walks past thread carrying bucket]

matt_outandabout

We share an office with a much bigger organisation. This week there has been only me at our desks and about 6 of the usually 40+ in the rest of the office. Half of us work with schools as well who are on holiday – so the phone is not ringing, at all.
    Lets just say there has been cake, there has been cofee – and there has been far more work than normal completed!

Jamie
    Free Member

*sweeps up*

chipsngravy
    Free Member

As an employer….Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

khani
    Free Member

As an employee, hahaha
    [walks away carrying bucket] I’ll be back in a bit…

anonymouse
    Free Member

Hard to master but so worth the effort.

lucien

lemonysam – Member
    I’m the only person in the office today and have about 15 minutes work to do. I’m planning a nap.

POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

That was my office, yesterday about 3.30pm, lost about 25 mins all together…..and I dribbled

scaredypants

Sorry, I, err, can’t come to the thread today. I have a cold

scaredypants

Oh,

achooo

somouk
    Free Member

I work from home so it’s not hard to look busy, just make sure I have my phone on me and respond to emails as they arrive 🙂

Looking like you’re working in an office can be tricky, it’s all about choosing the right desk so you can hide your screen contents from the boss.

Sandwich

*brings Jamie some files*

Sandwich

*decides khani should have them instead*

khani
    Free Member

[holds up bucket and brush]
    I’m too busy..

khani
    Free Member

Bloody slavedriver…

Sandwich

*moves files again*

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If you work in a warehouse then hold a piece of paper and look up at the racking like you are looking for something in particular.

thepurist

Here you go fellas – have some fun while looking like you’re typing up that report.

trail_rat
    Free Member

twin monitors is key when you work in an office and never full screen your browser – have a document in the back ground with a big border so you can just click back to it – not that my boss would care – as long as i do the work he asks and answer all the tech querys that come in hes cool with it.

he watches golf during the big games – i watch the big tours.

long as the work gets done an all that – they get their pound of flesh when im in the field.

hooli

Walk around a lot carrying a piece of paper and walk fast to show you are in a rush.

And put your headset on so it looks like yo are on a conf call when sitting at your desk.

Not me of course, this what my friend told me…

ste_t
    Free Member

I have no issues with people having a little skive as long as it doesn’t impact on guest service. When I was the age/position of the 27 employees I’m in charge of I would get every task done as well/quickly as possible to ensure maximum chilling out time.

Bloody youth of today

camo16
    Free Member

[checks for post]

brakes
    Free Member

:paints eyes on eyelids:
    no-one will ever know…

grum
    Free Member

I actually used to use Ghostzilla in an old admin office job.

Ghostzilla was an open source web browser for Microsoft Windows based on Mozilla Application Suite 1.0.1.[1][4][2] It ran the browser inside the window space of another application (e.g. in Microsoft Outlook), where the page was then made to look like the content in an email.[6][4][7][8] When moving the cursor out of the window, the browser subsequently disappeared.[2]

khani
    Free Member

I’m brewing up, anyone want a brew?
    [disappears to tea room for an hour]

Leku
    Free Member

CADmonkey on “zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out, pan” CADmonkey off

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

any custard creams with that tea you offered?

I’ve already asked my boss -based in Germany- if he has anything else for me, the right thing to do as a contractor, he said no, please ask some other bosses, I have, they dont. They are all in meetings soon to agree what they want to spend the budgets on next year, so until they decide I dont have a lot to do. and dont feel guilty. The last bit is the real trick, the hiding is easy, the self righteousness is harder! 😉

khani
    Free Member

any custard creams with that tea you offered?

[wipes crumbs off face]
    No.. 😳 but I’ll nip to the shop and get some,
    I might be a while cos I’m really busy today..

rocketman
    Free Member

Walk around a lot carrying a piece of paper and walk fast to show you are in a rush.

Someone at our place walks quickly past the window carrying a bit of paper min 50 times a day I sh*t you not we’ve counted them.

He always gives it the raised-eyebrows-exasperated-oh-no-not-again look

When he’s on holiday no one else does this 🙂

jamiea
    Free Member

CADmonkey on “zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out, pan” CADmonkey off

Put scale rule over a drawing, look ponderous, zoom in, pan, zoom out…

zokes
    Free Member

I’m just busy. No need to pretend here. Anyone fancy a job?

BruceWee

Don’t forget to arrive a 9 and leave at 6. Actually, it doens’t really matter when you arrive, the important thing is when you leave. The later the better. Even though you can get all you work done in about two hours leaving early shows you’re a slacker while **** about on facebook and STW all day and making sure your boss notices that you’re still at your desk as he’s leaving marks you out as a go getter who is future managment material.

Either that or you’re shit at your job and it takes you a long time to finish.

grahamg
    Free Member

I’m a receptionist – I look far busier when reading STW threads than I do when actually working. I’d rather be too busy to worry about looking busy, time goes quicker that way. Unless I feel rough, in which case I should probably be at home anyway.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its easy when you are in an office of your own and facing the two doors into it.

I have been editing the video from my trip to Antur Stiniog this week. My job has nothing to do with editing of any sort!

Northwind

Give me a second, I need to move some paper around and noisily pick up and put down a folder.

camo16
    Free Member

[checks for post]

zbonty

Someone round here never makes a flicker of movement when everyone else is leaving- too busy, always stays on..

When everyone else has left hes up and out like a shot though!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘"looking busy at work"’ is closed to new replies.