Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Looking after your lady parts…
  • grtdkad

Mrs G is reluctant to adopt the use of Assos Chamois cream, perhaps because I’ve referred to it as the “Keira” cream.

Is there a lady-specific chamois cream out there that would make her rides (MTB!) more comfortable in the future ?

cloudnine
    Free Member

The castelli dry lube is nice (not sure about lady parts) .. Has a pump action rather than sticking your fingers in a pot. You don’t get that squidgy feeling like with a more traditional cream

qwerty
    Free Member

hat would make her rides (MTB!) more comfortable in the future ?

Maybe look at her saddle & chamois instead. As far as i’m aware Assos chamois cream is unisex and sets the chamois cream benchmark high.

matt_outandabout

Surely good shorts and saddle mean cream shouldn’t be needed?

CheesybeanZ

Thats a question for mumsnet 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cloudnine wins post of the week.

Filth.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Try a selle italia diva or lady saddle instead.

Both same shape, one has more padding than the other. Both work for me without the need for chamois cream. Other female specific saddles are available… but they make a whole world of difference.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M rates ISM saddles.

Houns

Keira cream?

kiwiem
    Free Member

Good shorts, saddle and bikefit (weight distribution between bars and saddle) = no chamois cream required. Never understood the need to smother nether regions in cream since it doesn’t remove the weight of your body on the saddle.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Don’t think i’ve ever used it. Not often enough for it to register as “a thing” anyway.

singlespeedstu

Chafe-ease.
    Smells of lavendar and granny fanny.
    And apparently “doesn’t sting the minge” 😯

grtdkad

She has an Orange Clockwork with a S-Italia female specific saddle. Scott RC Pro (female specific) shorts…

CheesybeanZ

Chafe-ease.
    Smells of lavendar and granny fanny.
    And apparently “doesn’t sting the minge”

Thats made my weekend .
    😆 😆 😆

grtdkad

Keira cream?

… on the back of an STW reference on here many moons ago when Assos cream had a more minty ingredient. One of you lot said “…it’s like Keira has just eaten an extra strong mint and is now gently breathing on your bits”!

The reference stuck in my mind. There are worse things!

brassneck

Still use cream with good shorts and saddle, on long days / multi day rides. Helps comfort in a different way – 7 hours in, top it up and you’re fresh as a daisy. Ish.

scaredypants

“doesn’t sting the minge”

That’s be a great marketing phrase for Assos’ lady-lard – “don’t stinge on the minge” 😀

Houns

Now that’s an image

oink1
    Free Member

Never used it. I can only think its like riding in a freshly laid nappy! 😯

flowerpower
    Free Member

How about the saddle angle?

Am a bit confused as I can’t imagine how chamois cream can help lady parts??

I thought chamois cream was to stop chaffing, and I have used it on long rides before, but for my bum. I can understand how ‘boy parts’ might benefit from it, but for us girlies it is usually pressure from a badly fitting saddle that causes pain, not chaffing…

aP
    Free Member

Paceline Chamois Butt’r Her – nice lavender notes…

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Am a bit confused as I can’t imagine how chamois cream can help lady parts??

On the bit where the side/edge of the saddle may chaff. Well it does with me 😳

Hoo Ha Ride Glide is one I’ve tried, but currently on Morgan Blue (solid) or just Doublebase as recommended by BC. Any definitely helps, but all seem to wear off after the first half hour.

MSP

I think some chamois’s are better suited to cream than others. I find that my assos mille shorts need less and lasts longer than most others, with my pearl izumi liners it is just soaked up and gone within 1/2 an hour.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Plenty of reading here, courtesy of the Runner’s World tri forum

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

Hoo Ha Ride Glide. I bought this mostly because I love the name. I’m in and out of the saddle on the mountain bike so don’t end up in any troubles. If I’m on the road bike for a few hours then something to provide a better skin-chamois interface works well for me. It’s not about chafing as such, it’s about long contact time and squishing, and the less friction works well. I also get on fine with Udderly Smooth.

Moses

Mrs M used to suffer from soreness in the flaps area before changing to a women-specific saddle. She found that sex lubes helped more than chamois creams.

FOG

Sorry to put this in but it really happened! A notoriously cheapskate mate went into our LBS to get some chammy cream. After he expressed shock at the price of Assos , the shop guy said, ‘ Well, we have got some second hand stuff you can have cheap.’ Ba boom!!

slowoldman

Well according to British Cycling one of the main things the ladies should do is not shave.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

soreness in the flaps area

If I was able to, I would reprogram the self service tills to say this.

Unexpected soreness in the FLAPS area….

😆

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Looking after your lady parts…’ is closed to new replies.