Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Look what I am building today…
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

what cranks are they?

tinsy
    Free Member

Looks nice… it took a massive Uri Geller on my part to get the LBS trip I was expecting, but you can get a nice red seatclamp now to match your grips. 🙂

robbo1234biking

They are FSA Gamma Drive

takisawa2

I love the colour.
    But I'd have to paint the tyre walls black.
    That aside nice. Very nice.
    I love building bikes up.

firestarter
    Free Member

the graphics were meant to be like this

oldgit
    Free Member

Where in Bedforshire are you? I've got a Hope Q/R seat clamp you can have from an 853 Inbred dunno if it's the same size though.
    Oldgit of Leighton Buzzard.

Think it's small like 28.4?

robbo1234biking

Oldgit – cheers for the offer – I am in Ampthill – you dropped those inbred forks of to me about 6 months ago. It is a 29.8 or 30mm clamp that is needed on a 456 so it wont fit im afraid 🙁

organic355
    Free Member

the graphics were meant to be like this

Sorry but I think I prefer the frame with the "mistake" 😮

firestarter
    Free Member

oh i dont. i want one of the new pink ones but im kinda in two minds as i dont like the new graphics but i still might lol i defo would if it was a proper pink instead of a purple shade

bigbloke
    Free Member

Lol…i live just outside Bedford, and hve an On One yet to build up….we could have a cruise (PMSL)

surfer
    Free Member

Robbo. What is the steerer length of your forks?

Cheers

robbo1234biking

surfer – will check tonight but ut is quite short as I had to cut about 20mm off and bang the star nut down to fit them onto the new bike

Well got it sorted out last night and got the seatpost sorted. here is the finished bike:

Went for its first ride last – felt good, the back is much more alive than my old bike and you could feel it move around corners much more. Felt very assured on the downs. Got a few small adjustments to make – running a 90mm stem so will prob reduce that to 70mm and need to move the saddle back slightly so that I move my weight back a bit

boblo
    Free Member

Christ that's a lot of seatpost! I understand On-One do a range of sizes to accomodate the larger rider….

Do you get any pressure from the tipped up saddle? I ride all my bikes with them dead flat to avoid pressure on 'that' nerve.

Nice colour 456 BTW.

robbo1234biking

I was inbetween 16" and 18" and it is only a 350mm seatpost and at least an inch above the minimum marking – I think the photo makes it worse for some reason. Yes the saddle does need to be flatter as I discovered last night on my ride! I set it in my garden which unfortunatley has a slope to it!

boblo
    Free Member

robbo1234biking – Member
    <snip> I set it in my garden which unfortunatley has a slope to it!

He he, I did that in my garage leveling a saddle with a spirit level. Everyone knows there's a fall on a garage floor don't they? Not me, well not the first time anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Look what I am building today…’ is closed to new replies.