Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • "Look sharp this enduro season."
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

You are all wrong. Even Chain Reaction Cycles.
    This season is alllll about Assless Chaps.

wwaswas

Assless Chaps

It was all Bottomless Blokes last year, I can’t keep up.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bloody hell wwaswas,

I had ‘ahhh, THAT’S what bottomless tokens are for’ lined up. 🙁

mrhoppy

Northwind – Member
    I didn’t work anything out, I just observed what is obviously the case, enduro races happen year-round.

Well they do, but in the last 2 weekends we’ve had round 1 of both British enduro series and the WES which all run until the back end of the year and its only in the last month that the WGS started which runs until July began. so it’s not unreasonable to refer to it as the new ‘season’.

psycorp
    Free Member

It had more than a whiff of pathetic about it that email.

Northwind

mrhoppy – Member

Well they do, but in the last 2 weekends we’ve had round 1 of both British enduro series and the WES which all run until the back end of the year and its only in the last month that the WGS started which runs until July began. so it’s not unreasonable to refer to it as the new ‘season’.

So where does this season start and end? If this is the new season because the BES and WES started, does that mean round 1 of the SES was in last season? But the SES has started in February and run til November in the past… How about race 3 of enduro1, in January? Race 1 was in September so that’d have to be last season…

Individual series have their own years, but they all start and finish at different times and overlap.

Klunk
    Free Member

I guess it beats “oi fat boy wanna buy something bright and baggy to cover up the flab” ?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Tangential bicker score: 8

mrhoppy

Northwind – Member
    So where does this season start and end? If this is the new season because the BES and WES started, does that mean round 1 of the SES was in last season? But the SES has started in February and run til November in the past… How about race 3 of enduro1, in January? Race 1 was in September so that’d have to be last season..

Oh good grief, is it really that hard a concept or are you being deliberately hard of understanding? It’s a bit of marketing tieing in with the major series starting they’re not saying that it’s formal but it’s not a bad shout. Some events are on all year round but look at the majority of events and they’ll fall between march and october, there’s your season same as there is a fairly well defined downhill season on a not dissimilar timeframe.

Northwind

mrhoppy – Member

is it really that hard a concept

No, it really isn’t, and tbh I don’t think I can explain it any simpler. A season has a start and an end. If you don’t have a period that isn’t the season, then you don’t have a season either, you’ve just got things happening all the time- which is exactly what we have.

If it was summer all year, it wouldn’t be summer at all.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

phunkmaster
    Free Member

My initial thoughts were that they were referencing the EWS that started over the weekend.

I love a bit of fluro. I’m in.

steve_b77
    Free Member

[Standard STW response]Is it from a proper independent ‘nduro bike shop? If it generic manufactured kit from somewhere in the east being sold by an Internet retailer or chain of shops I’m out! [/standard STW response]

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Flouro? I thought enduro was blue. Darn!

superstu
    Free Member

This is fast becoming a classic STW thread. All it needs now is a picture of someone wearing some of this clothing asking if it fits.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sirromj

Flouro? I thought enduro was blue. Darn!

Darning is the new Enduro.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘"Look sharp this enduro season."’ is closed to new replies.