Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Look Keo – Easy or Classic ?
  • iainc

Going with Look for track bike although normally use Time on road. The hire bikes that I have been using have Classics although a few have Easy. Is the Classic at £55 markedly better than the Easy at £30 ? Won’t be racing.

simondbarnes

Is the Classic at £55 markedly better than the Easy at £30

Yes

iainc

hmmm, ok, I have some unused Easy ones, but may go looking for some Classics before taking new bike to Velodrome tomorrow evening. The Easy do seem to release awfy ‘easy’ 🙄 and wouldn’t want to have a foot out moment….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mboy
    Free Member

YES!

To be honest, for only a few quid more (lots of places selling them cheap right now) the Keo Max 2’s are a good bit better than the Classic’s too… Stainless Kick plate, bigger contact patch, better quality bearings etc.

The Easy’s are pretty rubbish to be honest. Fixed spring tension (and the clue is in the name “Easy” as to how tight they are!) and poor quality pedal IMO.

EDIT: If budget is a concern, then Exustar/RSP/Wellgo (same pedal, different labels) make a Keo compatible pedal with a metal body, not quite as light as the Keo Max 2’s, but according to the press pretty much as good quality. They’re VERY cheap if you search around online (like £25 or less including cleats!).

toppers3933
    Free Member

Personally I much prefer the shims no pedals. The keo cleats wear out too quickly.

iainc

thanks, not worried about wear as for Velodrome use, but will see what the local shops have tomorrow, cheers

toppers3933
    Free Member

Got you. I’ve got some 2nd hand classics without cleats you can have for £10. You wouldn’t get em tomorrow though. 🙂

iainc

Thanks toppers, but yeah, need them tomorrow, cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Look Keo – Easy or Classic ?’ is closed to new replies.