• This topic has 44 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by chip.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Look before you leap!!!
  • stevede
    Free Member

Just came across this on Facebook, mods please delete if this is the 15th thread carrying this clip!

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=O46HJbbIWlA[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Lemmons!

njee20
    Free Member

Jesus Christ, that’s really nasty! See why that happened – first one needs a good chunk of speed, second one needs none at all, badly designed!

godzilla
    Free Member

EPIC!!!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Lemmons

You spelt Lemmings wrong.

jam-bo

Setup? Four people making the same mistake and sending that?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

That was mad! One by one they just followed.

Lucky not to be hurt badly.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You spelt Lemmings wrong.

I know, but I meant two things in the same word. 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Setup? Four people making the same mistake and sending that?

Eyebrows were raised when the last guy came over, but it looks that by the time you can see this is not a drop off, it’s too late.

shifter
    Free Member

WTF is going on with that boy’s hair??

Jamie
    Free Member

WTF is going on with that boy’s hair??

It’s a homage to:

kimbers

frak me that was a bit scary

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

You getting paid for this ad Jamie 😉

Mackem

There was already a bloke standing in the field when the 1st one went over. Might have warned people.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

where would the fun be in that?

Jamie
    Free Member

You getting paid for this ad Jamie

wysiwyg
    Free Member

My mate did exactly that 2 years ago. Landed it and blew off the bike

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

You’re good Jamie, very good.

weeksy

Brilliant!

deluded
    Free Member

Genuine Q* – not to excuse the shifty layout of the decking, but if you were cycling Chatel’s ‘Black Shore’ in the Alps, would you not check out the course before you rode it in anger?

*I’m an XC buffoon with no discernible skill or fitness.

kimbers

wysiwyg – Member
    My mate did exactly that 2 years ago. Landed it and blew off the bike

he blew off his bike??????

is that on bikesmut.com

wysiwyg
    Free Member

buh da bum tish

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes no & maybe, as they were stopped they had probably checked it out and this was the results

aracer
    Free Member

At least they were going fast enough to clear the railing. Clearly a run which is impossible to ride without inspecting (not on a bike) first – as njee says, if you were taking it careful in case there was something like that then you’d crash on the first drop.

JCL
    Free Member

No transition and a bunch of mongs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

also by the look of it (not having been there) it’s one of those unofficial not designed lets see if we can gap off here sections 🙂

endurogangster
    Free Member

That is brilliant, like someone else said at least they cleared the railing! Chatel has some crazy trails, even the chairlift out of there is scary!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Never walked the track but it’s not rocket science you can see the line you’re meant to take coming up on the left.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

How come there’s already a bloke in the field? Is this a setup?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The bloke already in the field is his mate he was following. The whole group made the same mistake. The did shout back up the the rest of the riders in their group but they clearly didn’t hear. Some signage would be useful.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

So one blokes gone, they’ve waited a few minutes and the train has hit it?

stevede
    Free Member

Fair do’s if it is a set up, I’m not sure how many of my mates I could convince to do a huck to flat of that size for a bit of YouTube fame though!

peachos
    Free Member

it’s not a set up, they meant to hit boost over the fence into the field. the woodwork on black shore actually turns left around the tree and back into the forest, they’d obviously spotted the gap (or been told about it) and went to follow each other through it. first dude stacks it for whatever reason & there’s nothing the rest can do. guy in the field is the spotter making sure there’s no family having a picnic or anything!

njee20
    Free Member

But the second guy was never gonna ride it out either. If they intended to land in the field fair play, they’re a bit daft!

iolo
    Free Member

MoseyMTB – Member
    You’re good Jamie, very good.

Get a room

Jamie
    Free Member

Get a room

Working in it…

mikey74
    Free Member

That is very bad trail design. There should have been something at eye level as you roll towards it forcing you in the direction of the trail.

Looking at the POV shot, it looks just like the previous drop-off and when hooning it you could quite easily mistake it for another drop.

aracer
    Free Member

Read the comments on the video – the guy was standing in the field because he’d gone down a bit earlier and already stacked it. I suppose the comments on youtube could be part of the act, but it seems a lot of effort to go to to look an idiot.

bellefied
    Free Member

The headcam gives you the same POV as the rider, you can only see the change in direction a split second before you leave the boards, even if you were able to brake exactly at that point, you’d still stack it at that speed, only into the railings not the field?

the bloke in the field’s bike is almost exactly where the first rider lands, so looks like he stacked it there a minute or so earlier and was just recovering as he had his helmet off?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Look before you leap!!!’ is closed to new replies.