Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Look at the company our Jojo's keeping!
  • Northwind

http://www.trans-provence.com/results2012/overall/after_day4.html

“Yeah, so I was just out riding with my mates Anne-Caroline Chausson and Nico Vouilloz…”

druidh
    Free Member

I think I spotted her bottom in the Day 1 video (not that I’m that familiar with it 🙂 )

trail_rat
    Free Member

Haha chris ball . Amateur men …..

Smashing it up in the pros where he belongs 🙂

Good lad !

Northwind

(off topic, but hey)

Interestin to me that the UCI seem to be about to push through a mandatory full face helmet rule for all enduro events, which British Cycling look set to follow… But there’s the UCI Gravity Sport Coordinator and Technical Delegate happilly riding away in an open face, just like every other enduro race I’ve seen him in.

LoCo
    Free Member

Aimee from Mojo going well too!

MussEd
    Free Member

The rider in 60th wins the best name in my – admittedly childish – mind……and Smail in 34th representing my works MTB section!

freeride_addict
    Free Member

Northwind is that a dead cert or just speculation at the moment?

Sounds like a stupid idea to me – depending on what you classify as an enduro event of course. (Not necessarily to chose to wear one, but to enforce it as mandatory, that is)

If Trans-provence and events like it fall in to that category, then its a crazy idea. Fair enough seems sensible for events like the Megavalanche……but 4-6 hours a day climbing in 30 degrees C plus, in a full face?! I don’t think so!!!

Not that it would make a difference for the trans provence anyway, T-P aren’t regulated by the UCI and knowing Ash pretty well, I bet he wouldn’t tow the line if he didn’t think it was a good idea himself.

hora
    Free Member

Hurray! 😀

hels
    Free Member

Since when is Trans Provence an Enduro event ? More of that old-fashioned point to point XC racing that they cling on to in Europe n’est-ce pas ? And we can’t do here because of all the problems with landowners. It’s not really Enduro as it has been adapted here with the super short courses and more of a DH edge/slant, shall we say.

Looking at the list of names, you have Adam Craig, Ralf Naf, Geoff Kabush, all been on the podium in XC World Cups in their time. And a few DHers.

Houns

:DW:

Grimy
    Free Member

60th Fanny PAQUETTE

😆

juan
    Free Member

Since when is Trans Provence an Enduro event ?

Since the very first edition I recall.

Looking at the list of names, you have Adam Craig, Ralf Naf, Geoff Kabush, all been on the podium in XC World Cups in their time. And a few DHers.

Yes altogether with enduro riders such as Nico, Clementz, mark Weir, ben Cruz.

Obvious troll is obvious me think.

ash

Since when is Trans Provence an Enduro event ?

More of that old-fashioned point to point XC racing that they cling on to in Europe n’est-ce pas ? And we can’t do here because of all the problems with landowners. It’s not really Enduro as it has been adapted here with the super short courses and more of a DH edge/slant, shall we say.

You are so wrong, it’s hilarious. Trans-Provence is Enduro through-and-through. It always has been. It has always had a multiple-special-stage-per-day gravity-slanted format.

Point-to-point YES!
    XC, NO!

ash

p.s. Northwind, Chris Ball has resigned from his UCI post

chiefgrooveguru

I’d love to ride some XC races with descents like on the Trans-Provence! Would be very entertaining… 😉

Northwind

ash – Member

p.s. Northwind, Chris Ball has resigned from his UCI post

Really? That’s no good 🙁 Any word of why?

hels
    Free Member

No no, not trolling, I really did think Trans Provence was an XC event, must have been thinking of Trans Alps or something. And sorry for admitting I was wrong on this site, which I know has never happened, and thus causing all the internets to simultaneously explode.

bigjim

And sorry for admitting I was wrong on this site, which I know has never happened, and thus causing all the internets to simultaneously explode

I do believe it is a first. Maybe it will start catching…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Look at the company our Jojo's keeping!’ is closed to new replies.