Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Look at me. I’m happy!
  • Premier Icon scotroutes

Happy. Happy. Happy.

Happy day everybody.

What a wonderful, jolly day.

Hope you’re all feeling happy too!

Premier Icon martinhutch

Premier Icon CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your literally worst than Hitler.

Premier Icon colournoise

If I post this link here, does that mean the universe will fold in on itself? Or will that only happen if I add a negative comment?

Premier Icon martinhutch

Aha, didn’t realise he was gaming the system. As if one man could turn back the tide of misery!

Premier Icon perchypanther
    Free Member

You’re literally almost as bad as Binners

Premier Icon duncancallum

**** right off

Premier Icon tjagain

I have thoroughly enjoyed the avacado bathroom thread and the weegie patter thread . I have toed to avoid the miserable ones

Premier Icon squirrelking
    Free Member

Your literally worst than Hitler.

You’re grammer makes Hitler look like an amateur.

Premier Icon mefty
    Free Member

Not that I need cheering up but that made me chuckle – the FBPE nutcase handle is a perfect touch.

Premier Icon Kahurangi

why you gotta tell on me like that mark

Premier Icon DezB

What’s the Y Axis on Mark’s chart of misery?
    I’m gonna stop posting, to neutralazise it somewhat.

Premier Icon grahamt1980

I just liked the label of ‘boris in icu’ against the noticeable lump of positivity

Premier Icon somafunk

So the takeaway from the previous 12 months is that “Boris in ICU” is our happiest moment?, I can live with that…….amen brothers🤜🤛

Premier Icon goldfish24
    Free Member

If this thread was an attempt to game the sentiment algorithm then it’s horribly backfired: responses so far are a gif on drinking, two mentions of hitler, mentions of misery, cursing other members, grammar pedantry. It’s already like a greatest hits of stw. If that’s not enough to cause a sentiment detection algorithm to burst into tears I’ll be surprised.

On the flip side, I love this place 🙂

Premier Icon binners

perchypanther

You’re literally almost as bad as Binners

I’m frankly appalled by the implication that I’m somehow less evil than Hitler.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

No 👍😁🤗🚴 in title, so I’m out.

😁😜

Premier Icon perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m frankly appalled by the implication that I’m somehow less evil than Hitler.

Only because he didn’t like pastry.

Premier Icon sirromj

just to balance my contributions to the tune association thread

Premier Icon jodafett

Watching Peston on ITV and they’re currently showing a graph of swearing on Mumsnet over the last 12 months. The high points seem to correlate with some of the peaks up there ⬆️

Premier Icon eddiebaby

I come here trying to use it as my happy place.
    My usual business is dying. My new business started last February and based on the hospitality trade has gone and every day I try to decide why bother carrying on.
    But I come on here a lot as I spend my working day in front of a pair of monitors. And I post inconsequential but generally light hearted stuff as a quick check of my threads started history shows.
    Not withstanding the community spirit shown here in extreme situations I find some of the posting on here echoes all our criticism of other social media. Threads rapidly going downhill and I find myself being ragged along by them.
    I never thought before I’d be thinking of taking a break from here.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

I never thought before I’d be thinking of taking a break from here.

I did that. Turns out I miss the positive stuff more than I hate the negative stuff, and after a short break from it, you can filter it quite well I found.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

I’m sorry to hear that @eddiebaby.

Both that things in real life are tough and that the forum is not helping as much as it could be. I’ll freely admit my emotions are a little more frayed than in normal times, I sense in not the only one on here feeling that.

There are definitely certain threads on here that I only dip into when the mood allows.

The corona thread,although not exactly a cheery thread, has helped me a lot though.

The political threads, though I still post more than I should do get me down. I’m actively trying to resolve that issue.

As the Spring begins I generally migrate from general chat into the biking forum and start to formulate plans for summer or my next pointless upgrade. Biking is my constant I suppose, even if it’s from an armchair.

You’re one of the members on here that comes across as a decent bloke. I hope 2021 starts to look up for you as year goes on mate.

Premier Icon thepurist

A fish pun normally cheers things up, but I’m not sure this is the right plaice

Premier Icon lowey

This place, I dont think, has ever once pissed me off. Love looking at the pics of places people ride, the bikes they ride and there has been some outstanding shows of support for others.

That said I enforce a strict rule that if I read any thread that starts to go downhill, I just close it and never revisit it. I learned long ago that arguing on the internet is futile and pointless.

Here’s a pic of riding in the mountains. Just because.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hZZyDq]2019-12-16_07-43-03[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This place, I dont think, has ever once pissed me off. Love looking at the pics of places people ride, the bikes they ride and there has been some outstanding shows of support for others.

That said I enforce a strict rule that if I read any thread that starts to go downhill, I just close it and never revisit it. I learned long ago that arguing on the internet is futile and pointless.

Lowey, that sir is a great way to operate, I wholeheartedly agree.

Premier Icon giant_scum
    Free Member

<Your literally worst than Hitler.>
    Can’t believe no one corrected this,
    Your literally Wurst than Hitler.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Meh.
    😉

Premier Icon grahamt1980

Stop comparing sausages, it’s childish

Premier Icon jimmy

<Your literally worst than Hitler.>

Now I’m happy. I’ve got mushroom for food-based puns

Premier Icon toby1

Your literally Würst than Hitler.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Your literally Würst than Hitler.

You are Würst than Hitler.

Premier Icon captainclunkz

Very very happy day for me. We’ve had about 10cm of snow overnight so I’m getting the ski’s out the shed.

Premier Icon footflaps

+1

I just ignore threads that turn into two or three people arguing black is white….

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

No problems with people arguing black is white.

It’s when they resort to insults in a squabble about how black (or white) is better than the other black (or white)

Premier Icon Mark

Out of interest, we can get a sentiment score for any text on the site and our Google powered machine learning system can rate any section of text on a scale of -10 – +10 to represent how positive or negative the text is. This means we could give everyone an individual score for their posts. Would you be interested in knowing how generally positive or negative you are? It would be a personal score so it’s not something we’d ever make public. I can see the individual scores for each of the posts in this thread for example.

You can try it for yourself here BTW..
    https://cloud.google.com/natural-language/

Premier Icon eddiebaby

I’d be interested in that Mark.

Premier Icon mogrim

A fish pun normally cheers things up, but I’m not sure this is the right plaice

Herb puns are better, but this is neither the thyme nor plaice for them.

Premier Icon martinhutch

Out of interest, we can get a sentiment score for any text on the site and our Google powered machine learning system can rate any section of text on a scale of -10 – +10 to represent how positive or negative the text is.

I dread to think. Damn, did it again.

Can it detect sarcasm? If not, I’m really screwed. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Premier Icon grahamt1980

Just parsleying through, but would be amused to know my score

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.