Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lonscale and Latrigg……any good?
  • crispo
    Free Member

I’m in Keswick for a wedding at the weekend. Was hoping to get out for a quick blast for hour and a half on the morning before the wedding.

Was looking at doing the old train route to Threlkeld and then up past the blencathra outdoors centre thing and then around the bridleway and back round to Latrigg and finishing back in Keswick.

Is it any good for a quick blast and is it do able in 90 odd mins? Looking for something to ride from the door and think the bash might be a bit too long!

flatfish
    Free Member

Easily done in 90mins.
    One of my favourite rides.
    Just mind the walkers coming up Lattrigg, they’ll be a prize pain in the ass.

crispo
    Free Member

I should be out fairly early as I am an usher so need to be ready by 10.45.

Sounds like a good little blast then.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Perfect 90 minute ride. Enjoy.

colp

Great route, the descent back down to Keswick is fantastic with the drainage ditches to pop off.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep great route

Just mind the walkers coming up Lattrigg, they’ll be a prize pain in the ass.

Great route, the descent back down to Keswick is fantastic with the drainage ditches to pop off.

Re Latrigg, it’s a permissive BW the walkers may be a PITA but just be aware that they will be coming up there and keep it within limits or they will get pissed off with you. Saturday + Summer + Keswick = Busy

Apart from that great route have fun and see how much of the rocks you can clean blind.

crispo
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up about walkers. I’ll take it a but easy down there then if it’s looking busy. Probably should anyway to make sure I don’t injure myself for ushering duties!

grum
    Free Member

Yes and yes – enjoy!

Apart from that great route have fun and see how much of the rocks you can clean blind.

I cleaned all the rocks on Lonscale fell first go. 8)

Might be a bit more nervous since that guy fell off and died though. 🙁

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Yep, top ride and a nice short challenging route. I rode this for the first time this year as the smaller of two weekend rides in The Lakes while we were based in Keswick. I too cleaned all of the rocks on Lonscale Fell first attempt. Quite easily done though 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well done guys for cleaning the rocks, took me a few goes many years ago. It seems to be one that causes a few to bottle it when they see the edge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lonscale and Latrigg……any good?’ is closed to new replies.