Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Longsleevejerseytrackworld
  • nicko74

As the days are getting colder (and shorter), I need to improve my autumn riding gear. I’m looking at long-sleeve jerseys, and particularly something windproof as well as thermal etc.

So what’s the long sleeve (road) jersey du jour for the STW massif?

lunge

The Planet-X Magma is very good for the money. It sizes small though.
    The other option is arm warmers and a wind proof gilet.

continuity
    Free Member

If it’s too cold for baselayer, jersey, arm warmers, gilet – then the next best step is a gabba-esque piece. Pick short or long sleeve as you like.

The next step is insulation over or under the gabba (depending on cut) – I particularly like polartec alpha gilets.

Then a winter jacket (like an Alpha or Rapha Pro Team Insulated).

If you want cheap versions of any of the above, go to galibier or to DHB.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Endura FS260 Jetstream. I bought 3 last year as they were on sale and the blue matched our club kit so I can get away with just the £50 gilet rather than the £120 Castelli Jerseys!

No doubt DHB do something similar as well, but the Endura does a good job this time of year then with a baselayer through the really cold month(s) and night rides.

chakaping
    Free Member

Endura FS260 Jetstream

+1

Brilliant jersey with windproof front and roubaix back, very versatile. Holds up to a bit of drizzle quite well too, if you keep moving.

nicko74

excellent, thanks! And sizing is pretty much as it should be – no need to size up or down to make it fit properly?

footflaps

something windproof as well as thermal etc.

I can highly recommend the Castelli Perfetto RoS long sleeved jersey, pretty much water proof, windproof, warm and breathes really well.

Not cheap mind, but worth every penny.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

excellent, thanks! And sizing is pretty much as it should be – no need to size up or down to make it fit properly?

Pretty much, skinnier than a t-shirt, but not anything like Italian stuff.

pyranha

I was given a Gore Phantom for my birthday (old model) – Windstopper front, and removable sleeves, leaving a short sleeved jersey. This year’s version looks like it might be lighter. It works fine as a jacket or jersey.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Longsleevejerseytrackworld’ is closed to new replies.