Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Longshot – Are you selling a house in South Bristol?
  • thebunk

If you’re selling your house in Southville, had a load of viewings yesterday and are deciding who to sell it to tomorrow then sell it to us! We’re mountain bikers too!

If this works then I’ll subscribe to the forum for life…

wallop

Which road is it on? I might know them 😆

thebunk

Hmmm…how do I know you’re not a rival buyer? 😀

wallop

I live in the part of BS3 where the houses are cheaper and it’s easier to park 😉

thebunk

So….the rubbishy bit then? 😛

wallop

No, not rubbish, just a bit less hummus 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

If its near Ashton Gate then they are all inbred city fans

thebunk

Well, it’s far enough away from Ashton Gate for people that don’t know or care what the difference between City and Rovers is. I suspect it is in the Hummous belt that wallop was talking about.

Though if he thinks Southville is posh then I’d be interested in seeing him cope on a walk through Redland, St Andrews or Clifton…

wallop

I never said Southville was posh! It’s all nice round there – and lovely and close to the trails. Besides – the house in question is in Ashton – only the estate agents call it Southville 😆

On a serious note though – good luck with the offer, hope it works out.

scaled
    Free Member

Best part of BS3? Gotta be Bemmie 😀

Is that little Thai place still on West St opposite the premier super market?

I miss British Road 😀

ransos
    Free Member

Is that little Thai place still on West St opposite the premier super market?

Yep, and it’s still lush. (Bemmie resident with affordable house and parking space).

trickydisco
    Free Member
    cheers_drive

Yep the Thai garden BYO is still there – very good too.
    I’ve lived in Southville (off North Street) and Ashton (close but not too close to the city ground). For 5 minutes extra walk Ashton has bigger gardens and off street parking.
    Just sold my house in Ashton – I’ll miss BS3 and Bristol when we move.

Good luck with the offer

andyrm
    Free Member

I never said Southville was posh! It’s all nice round there – and lovely and close to the trails. Besides – the house in question is in Ashton – only the estate agents call it Southville

“Clifton view”………. 😉

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

It wasn’t this one was it?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39641318.html?premiumA=true

If it was that one then they cannot possibly be on STW, not a wood burning stove in sight, and look at the state of that garden path!

thebunk

Blimey, that one looks awesome – also way out of my price range!

The one we were interest in went to someone else…for over the asking price! There seems to be a little housing bubble occurring in that area.

Ah well, back to the drawing board…thanks for the bumps!

wrecker
    Free Member

£300K for a terrace with a tiny garden, no garage (or even space for a man cave) on that road with crap parking?
    Flipping heck. I’m glad I live in the burbs.
    Look what that’ll get you in a fairly nice are just outside Brizzle;
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36101026.html
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38525798.html?premiumA=true

thebunk

Cheers wrecker for that vision of the future and lesson on economics. 🙄

For now, I don’t care about parking, my bikes live in a shed, and I like walking out of the house and into a bustling neighbourhood, or getting out to a gig of an evening.

However it’s my understanding that with a fair wind I’ll be able to sell my poky little cave in the city and upsticks to a country pile at a later stage, where I’ll have enough space to walk a large dog and shout at the bikers to get off the footpaths whilst cleaning my fleet of Audi (Audia?).

ransos
    Free Member

Look what that’ll get you in a fairly nice are just outside Brizzle;

So you’re saying that suburbia is cheaper than nice areas close to the centre? Well I never!

wrecker
    Free Member

WTF? I didn’t give a lesson in economics, and the houses I linked to are hardly “country piles”. All are commutable to Bristol centre by bike, and I wouldn’t like to use a shed as bike storage considering the level of theft in the city. You are also far more likely to get shouted at by city rats in their cars than you are by some dogwalker, and they’re also more likely to own audis and enjoy making million mile round trips to cannock chase and Llandegla.
    I do take the point about gigs and such. Very convenient, especially if you don’t “do” public transport.
    Have you looked at streetview on that house ad? Nice? Really?
    Each to his own, but I’ll fire up the irony meter when I’m accused of being a snob by the trendy wannabe hummus brigade.

scaled
    Free Member

It’s one thing being commutable from Bristol city centre, it’s another thing entirely to be able to walk home after 6 pints of Old Bristolian*…

*to achieve this feat even living in Southville may still require a level of acclimatisation

kimbers

that terrace one has 0 bike storage

cheers_drive

There seems to be a little housing bubble occurring in that area.

The Southville bubble has been around for 8 years now. I’m amazed at the price of some places.

thebunk

Wrecker, you don’t know what house or street I’m looking at (not the one someone linked to), where I work (not Bristol), or my personal circumstances (I take public transport every day) but your way of living is definitely right for me. Well done with your irony meter!

p.s. I only like home made humous, made with REAL olive oil, and it MUST be saffron infused. 8)

ransos
    Free Member

All are commutable to Bristol centre by bike

When I lived in Southville, work was a 15 minute stroll along the river. A tad more preferable to commuting in from the ‘burbs every day, bike or no bike.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Coalpit Heath? Winterbourne?

All very nice if you’ve decided that life is over. 😀

*shudders*

winky smileys. irony smileys. etc.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker, you don’t know what house or street I’m looking at (not the one someone linked to), where I work (not Bristol), or my personal circumstances (I take public transport every day) but your way of living is definitely right for me. Well done with your irony meter!

I’ve not commented on your house, life, circumstances etc. I commented on that particular house, which isn’t even the one you are hoping to buy. I make no judgement on your preference, and do not believe that everyone wants the same thing. I prefer open spaces, some like to be surrounded by people and buildings.

FuzzyWuzzy

Does fake olive oil exist?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Does fake olive oil exist?

I believe it is to be found in never-opened bottles that sit in the kitchen window sills of houses in the suburbs. Often with bits of straw tied in a butterfly know around the lid. And sometimes to be found in differently sized clusters of two or three.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

More importantly, who’s Longshot and is he selling a house or not?

andyrm
    Free Member

If this one doesn’t happen, also check out Totterdown – great little area, some really good pubs, only 10-15 mins or so walk from Southville.

All Victorian terraces, many with cellars (read underground man cave), prices haven’t hit the craziness of Southville just yet, but the area is rapidly on the rise.

If you’d fancy a scout around, let me know as I have lived here for 4 years now so can show you most of the good places south of the river from a genuinely unbiased perspective. Sort of like Phil thingy off Location Location Location but without the lithp and bald spot…………

thebunk

Cheers andyrm, that’s really kind of you. Will have a chat with mrsbunk to see if she can commute from there. I don’t know much about that area – what are the streets and areas (and pubs!) to look at?

andyrm
    Free Member

The Star and Dove is awesome, as is it’s sister pub The Shakespear. Thali Cafe is quite a cool little Indian, you’ve got Banco Lounge just up the road, not to mention the Paintworks is less than 15 minutes walk with several cool little places.

Oh and The Windmill, just through the park.

Look at Pylle Hill Crescent, St Luke’s Crescent, Stevens Crescent and any of the little streets round there…..

🙂

wallop

+1 Totterdown 8)

rp16v
    Free Member

+1 for totterdown
    it maybe out of your distance but whitchurch/hengrove is a lovley place with pleny of open spaces if u plan on kids or pets with direct links to town rideable in about 15 mins also very good bus routes,aprox 2 miles further out than totterdown on the wells rd try and keep close to wells rd away from the hartcliffe/knowle sides as it can get rougher there

thebunk

Why does everyone want me to move out of Bristol?! 😉

rp16v
    Free Member

Me and andy need more local riding buddys lol

ransos
    Free Member

Oh and The Windmill, just through the park.

Nice, as is The Park on Raymend rd. Victoria Park itself is lovely if you have kids or a dog, plus there’s a kiosk doing great coffee and cakes.

ransos
    Free Member

try and keep close to wells rd away from the hartcliffe/knowle sides as it can get rougher there

I think you’re confusing Knowle with Knowle West. Knowle is pretty smart…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Longshot – Are you selling a house in South Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.