Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Longridge fell – condition?
  • mudpackerdan
    Free Member

Anyone been riding up longridge fell in the last few days? Was thinking of riding up there this Saturday but if I remember rightly it retains water a bit.

Cheers.

BenjiM

Went up on Friday and it was very wet, practically one long puddle across the top. Causeway (from the stile coming from jeffrey hill to the fire road) is a bog on the second part. It’s pretty well water logged although with a bit of persistence it’s ok. If you aren’t riding from home, mudguards or towels and spare socks would be advisable.

mudpackerdan
    Free Member

Cheers Benji. I’ll wait a bit until it dries out I think!

BenjiM

If the weather stays like this until the weekend it’ll be ok. However rain is forecast for the weekend again!

crispo
    Free Member

I’m heading up tomorrow evening so will report back!

crispo
    Free Member

Went up for a little night ride last night.

It is still a bit muddy in places but not so much of the huge puddles lying everywhere. The rocky track up by the wall at the top is pretty good but as mentioned coming up from Jeffry Hill is still a bit of a slog. The cheeky little track down and across the stream is getting more rideable too!

We finished down in Hurst Green and that Bridleway had a few thick mud patches!

If it stays dry for another day or two then I’ll def be back up on Saturday morning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Longridge fell – condition?’ is closed to new replies.