Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Long(ish) distance off road routes near Tunbridge Wells?
  • ibnchris

Anyone got any good suggestions for long distant rides near Tunbridge Wells? I’m struggling to find decent amount of interconnecting bridleways etc…

When I say long distance I mean 50km loop or similar. Not after anything crazy long. I grew up on the South Downs and ideally what I’m after is something similar.

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

I got about 46km out of a loop of Bedgebury and Bewl Water. Otherwise did a couple of 60km+ rides from Crawley last year. Either south to Ardingly, West Hoathly, Forest Row and back along the Worth Way, or along that to Ashurst Wood, head north towards Edenbridge and back via Dormansland. Southern one can include trails in Tilgate or Dears Leap. Quite nice countryside, at least in summer. Should be easy enough to do those from the Tunbridge Wells end rather than Crawley, once you’re on the Forest Way at Groombridge. Council rights of way maps are quite good for browsing and connecting bridleways.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Long(ish) distance off road routes near Tunbridge Wells?’ is closed to new replies.