Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Longer stem on LLS geom
  • roach

Would it be okay to adjust the reach of a LLS slack HT (Orange P729) with a bit longer stem?

Might have bought a L when I should’ve gone XL!

singlespeedstu

Well no one will arrest you for it.

oldnpastit

Steering will be a bit slower I suppose? You will need to compensate by going faster!

roach

Slow enough to negate the benefits of the geometry though?

mashr

Slower with more of a tendency to tuck under. Might be worth a go but don’t expect good things

brant
    Free Member

Long stem and rolled back bars much better than short stem and forward rotated ones.

dc1988

How long are we talking, I have a 60mm stem on a lls bike and if feels fine. It’s with 780mm bars with a lot of backsweep

muddyjames
    Free Member

Surely the answer is New bike!

Why not grasp the nettle and Sell the smaller frame and then buy the one that’s the right size. Shouldn’t be a massive cost as you’ve got all the bits already, especially if you factor in that you don’t need to buy a new stem.

roach

The thing is, I’m not sure if it is too small. It climbs well and is a hoot on the descents but feels a tad cramped when just riding along compared to my large 2012 Karate Monkey with a 100mm stem.

I’d love to swap the frame for a Stage 5 but the missus would kill me!

kelvin

Consider wider bars, as well as slightly longer stem, unless you’ve already gone wiiiide.

roach

Current bar and stem are 750mm and 50mm. Could try 800 and 60 I suppose.

mashr

Do bars first if you fancy trying wider. No point in changing two things at once

dudeofdoom

TBH it may just be new bike panic(the fear you bought the wrong size)and once you’ve rode it a few times it’ll feel fine.

But stem and bar width are a bit of a personal thing so may be worth a bit of swappero to dial it in in to your preference.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Longer stem on LLS geom’ is closed to new replies.