Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Longer leg mtb trouser options?
  • Premier Icon stcolin
    Free Member

Hummvee waterproof trousers have arrived. They are definitely more of an over trouser, so this winter will require something under them. Quite baggy, good fit in the waist and definitely longer than my previous old Singletrack trousers.

Premier Icon b33k34

@jimmy

My Floe’s arrived from Alpkit. Decent fit and quality and length will be ok from the looks of things. Haven’t worn on the bike yet.

Looking at them on though, the style of a load of these modern ‘mtb trousers’ isn’t *that* different to the old Ronhill Trackster which I seem to remember being the leg wear of choice way back in the day.

Premier Icon jimmy

Indeed, my first “MTB trouser” ever was the Ronhill Trackster. I’m sure they did a bikester at one point, no idea what the difference was / is

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah9YLMD2btrmtC36oNSgAU_eDuQU

Premier Icon b33k34

@jimmy

https://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/ronhill-bikester-dxb-bike-pants.html

Higher back, lower front on the waist.

Premier Icon jimmy

@b33k34 tempting!! 👌

Premier Icon wzzzz
    Free Member

At what point does it become acceptable to just start wearing roadie tights offroad again?

Premier Icon mudfish

Endura MT500 Spray pants are quite long (I had to upsize the waist to get the length the tho, my inside leg is 36″, waist 34.) But not very waterproof at all even. a few puddles quickly defeat them IMO. Somelove em, nice and soft and warm but not after the puddles.. Endura do have waterproof pants.
    Madison DTE might work, you need to try on I reckon. It’s quite stiff fabric, maybe it has to be – to be properly waterproof. Those DTE shorts I have are actually waterproof, when it’s wet, I tend to wear those with knee-length sealskinz and knee pads. Long waterproof trousers seem pretty warm and restrictive to me.

Premier Icon chrisyork

Just want to comment on this, so I bought the Large ones of the Decathlon enduro trousers, I’m 6’1 and 34 inseam. Although the features of these trousers are ace for the price, the only thing that lets them down is under normal riding these ride upto my calves! Luckily I had sealskinz on or long socks so not too bad but the design of them doesn’t seem to be well suited to the longer of leg.

By the looks of it the 50/01 ones sound ideal!

Premier Icon ahsat

At what point does it become acceptable to just start wearing roadie tights offroad again?

This is what I do, and all my riding group do – but I find my knee pads over the top really annoying! So have literally just ordered a set of the spray trousers.

Premier Icon chrisyork

Ouch roadie tights and kneepads? 🤣 nope… never!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.