Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Longer leg mtb trouser options?
  • stcolin
    Free Member

Hummvee waterproof trousers have arrived. They are definitely more of an over trouser, so this winter will require something under them. Quite baggy, good fit in the waist and definitely longer than my previous old Singletrack trousers.

b33k34

@jimmy

My Floe’s arrived from Alpkit. Decent fit and quality and length will be ok from the looks of things. Haven’t worn on the bike yet.

Looking at them on though, the style of a load of these modern ‘mtb trousers’ isn’t *that* different to the old Ronhill Trackster which I seem to remember being the leg wear of choice way back in the day.

jimmy

Indeed, my first “MTB trouser” ever was the Ronhill Trackster. I’m sure they did a bikester at one point, no idea what the difference was / is

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah9YLMD2btrmtC36oNSgAU_eDuQU

b33k34
    jimmy

@b33k34 tempting!! 👌

wzzzz
    Free Member

At what point does it become acceptable to just start wearing roadie tights offroad again?

mudfish

Endura MT500 Spray pants are quite long (I had to upsize the waist to get the length the tho, my inside leg is 36″, waist 34.) But not very waterproof at all even. a few puddles quickly defeat them IMO. Somelove em, nice and soft and warm but not after the puddles.. Endura do have waterproof pants.
    Madison DTE might work, you need to try on I reckon. It’s quite stiff fabric, maybe it has to be – to be properly waterproof. Those DTE shorts I have are actually waterproof, when it’s wet, I tend to wear those with knee-length sealskinz and knee pads. Long waterproof trousers seem pretty warm and restrictive to me.

chrisyork

Just want to comment on this, so I bought the Large ones of the Decathlon enduro trousers, I’m 6’1 and 34 inseam. Although the features of these trousers are ace for the price, the only thing that lets them down is under normal riding these ride upto my calves! Luckily I had sealskinz on or long socks so not too bad but the design of them doesn’t seem to be well suited to the longer of leg.

By the looks of it the 50/01 ones sound ideal!

ahsat

At what point does it become acceptable to just start wearing roadie tights offroad again?

This is what I do, and all my riding group do – but I find my knee pads over the top really annoying! So have literally just ordered a set of the spray trousers.

chrisyork

Ouch roadie tights and kneepads? 🤣 nope… never!

chrisyork

Thought I’d update on this, got the large 50/01 pants, I’m a 35 waist really so the needed XL. Got these ordered and they’re perfect in the leg, bit baggy on the ass and like a 36 in the waist… bit looser on the leg too…..can’t decide to keep or keep looking!!

coconut
    Free Member

Any updates from the folk who bought the Alpkit Floe Trousers ?
    thanks

chrisyork

Update from me, the 50/01 large were just about long enough but very much a 34 waist with little give. XL fit the waist and leg length but the ass was so baggy both are being returned

Got the dharco’s and royal apex pants on order

kev7654
    Free Member

After trying loads of waterproof trousers for my 32 waist 34 leg I settled on endura urbanite and very pleased with then. All waist sizes come in same 34 length with press studs to shorten them if needed. Medium fits me perfectly. Long but without usual baginess. Reasonable soft for a waterproof too.

b33k34

I’ve been wearing my Dirty Rides Lupus for a month or so now and really happy with them. Was a sizing issue initially but good customer service got it sorted. Fabric is tough and not catching on thorns and they’re comfortable to wear for all day rides. They might get hot much above 10C but for winter riding they’re spot on. For my 36″ legs it makes a real difference having a trouser with the knees in the right place and that doesn’t leave me with exposed ankles.

confused58

I bought some Floe’s XL regular but returned them as leg length quoted as 32″ leg, I’m 31″ and they were too short. Shame as otherwise they looked good for the money. Will try some longs.

chrisyork

Well trousergate continues!!
    So Royal Apex ones arrived expecting they’d be the same length as my Royal Storms… nope around 1 1/2 inches shorter!
    I will say I’m impressed with the quality though! Seem well put together, and definitely worth the extra £30 over the 50/01.
    Anyway I’ve got Dharco’s coming Tuesday in a 36 so these better fit!

Genuinely thought I’d spend a bit more and treat myself to some well fitting pants… I worked out I’ve spent so far around £500 trying to find better trousers for me and my lass 🤣 she’s happy with her leopard Dharco’s, when I say happy I mean to ecstatic of course…. Luckily I’ll get the money back on refund but still, I think I’m putting Royal Mail children through Uni with the postage costs! 🤣

chrisyork

Well the Dharco’s are the winners! Fit well and are long enough to not look ridiculous 🤣

dc1988

Is that a 36″ waist you went for? I probably need a 36″ leg and 34″ waist.

chrisyork

Yes that’s right, so I’m more like a 35 waist at the moment which has meant I’ve found it tricky To get the right size! On the size guide the Dharco’s just from measuring alone they were looking like they’d be too short but decided they were worth a punt.
    So went for 36’s, without cinching in the waist they’re slightly loose but couldn’t fall down, pulling the waist in they sit nicely.

V happy I’m sorted on the trouser front now just need to replace my Troy Lee helmet but luckily my head is a normal size so it’s only a trousers I struggle with sizewise 🤣

If you’re normally a 36 leg, how do you find any trousers ever? 🤣 I’d say the 34 would be a tight 34 and the leg length would likely be a problem, like others have said though Endura seem to do pants for the longer legged if you’re battling!

dc1988

I can wear jeans hanging around my arse! It’s the need for MTB trousers to be long enough when you’re bending your knee and be worn pulled right up so there’s nothing to catch on the nose of a saddle.

b33k34

If you’re normally a 36 leg, how do you find any trousers ever? 🤣

That is literally what this thread is about. Another 36″ leg here – and yes, buying trousers has always been a nightmare

c_klein87

just bought a pair of Dirtlej trailscout pants i have long legs, saddle height of 800mm and they fit well for a 30inch waist. seem to breath well, good quality

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

My issue is that I can’t find any that fit over bulky knee/shin pads like these https://fuse-protection.com/products/echo-125-knee-shin-ankle-pad

I assume the Dharco are quite tight too?

chrisyork

Yes you can see by how they fit all the athletes who wear them tbh

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Longer leg mtb trouser options?’ is closed to new replies.