Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Longer chain ring bolts for double + e13 bash (in errr, red)
  • timmys

I’ve fitted a e13 turbocharger bash guard to my XT cranks but the bash is thicker than the outer chairing I removed and therefore the chainring bolts are not long enough.

Does anyone know where I can get the right length (longer) ones very, very preferably in red?

I’m assuming these are what I need but I really want some red ones!

GW
    Free Member

e13 turbochargers come with the correct length bolts in the packaging.. paint them red when you’re doing your toenails.

timmys

Hmmm, will double check the box but I don’t think they were included. Balls.

andyl
    Free Member

What GW said. Red nailvarnish – sorted.

Red ones will be alloy – hmm. Okay for the outer (bolt) part but would stick with steel female parts preferably.

timmys

Had another look and definitely none in the box and none listed on the “included bits” part of the instruction.

scud
    Free Member

Have a look on ebay, i’ve managed to buy blue ones before, check out a company that trades under Koo Bikes or this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Middleburn-Outer-Chainring-bolts-7075-T6-Alloy-Bike-/110647844242?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item5f771330a0

craigxxl
    Free Member

Had the same problem with mine. I spent a fortune on bolts that didn;t fit including doubles, extra long. You need approx 12mm long bolts which I couldn’t hold of. In the end I got some S/steel bolts from Mark Anthony through ebay which were still too long so had space them with some drilled washers.
    E13 should supply them with bolts at the price they charge like do with the Supercharge version.

timmys

Just thought I’d update this in case it helps anyone else – I emailed e13 and as detailed above it is 12mm bolts that are needed and, quite impressively I thought, they actually pointed me towards these Raceface ones as the most cost effective option;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=46947

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Forgive the thread resurrection.

The middleburn (ebay) option at £16 is a tad steep, yet I love the ‘priddy colours’…so can anyone point me to a cheap(er)supplier that offers colours at 12mm.

I admit it’s totally pointless, but I don’t get out on my bike much…ergo I p1ss about with it 🙄

transporter13
    Free Member

i’ve got four of these e13 bolts sat in my tool box if you want them? they are black though…postage cost only

LoveTubs
    Free Member

transporter13 thanks for that, but mine are black too 🙁

cheers for the offer btw.

timmys

Ooh, hello again thread!

Another option are a set of Shimano Saint bolts as they are the right length and a nice blingy gold colour.

continuity
    Free Member

I used the Race Face ones for my turbo charger also.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Longer chain ring bolts for double + e13 bash (in errr, red)’ is closed to new replies.