Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Long travel full suss 29er's … show me yours.
  • renton
    Free Member

As title post up some pics of your long travel 29ers !!(No reason, just for fun and im bored!!)

Heres mine……….

flange
    Free Member

I’m amazed you don’t suffer from flex issues with that fork and those wheels…

singlespeedstu

Is 135-160 long travel?

Resting.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/obyAm1]I can see the pub from here.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    Moving.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/o37TA6]Thanks to Tony @ http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/%5B/url%5D by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    Trailmincing.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/s7dCtS]GT off piste[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

renton
    Free Member

Nice action shots.

rickon
    Free Member

ton

[url=https://flic.kr/p/vQ37Ee]cidImage_FOT181F.JPG[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

bonesetter
    Free Member

Blimey Stu – what you got in that back pack?

Edit: Oops, second look and it smaller that I first thought… carry on

bonesetter
    Free Member

Lenz Behemoth 5″

Crap, don’t waste your time on one of those

dave32
    Free Member

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb12347731/p5pb12347731.jpg

Couldn’t quite work out how to upload the pic properly 😕

Northwind

Still working on this- it’s massive and heavy and kinda hard work tbh but it’s bloody awesome in a straight line and pretty damn good at techy stuff. Still can’t make it work in nontechnical squiggles, I always put it in the wrong places. First ride out I was doing personal bests in one place and riding into trees in the next 😆

TBF I wanted a Remedy or a Five. But this was cheap!

pipiom
    Free Member

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EGCzV8J.jpg[/IMG]

renton
    Free Member

I quite like the BMC Northwind. Is it your only bike ?

chiefgrooveguru

They’re quite rare those BMCs – good suspension design (though I think they’re shorter travel than they claim)!

Northwind

@Renton… Nah, got my hardtail and xc racy thing too. TBH I’m going from a fairly short 26er to a bloomin long 29er with more travel so it’s no wonder it feels a bit clumsy, but I did feel like a fanny trying to ride it down glentress red. Looking forward to getting it up to fort william and kinlochleven and just letting it run though.

I think they’re not so much rare, as unpopular tbh- Evans is knocking the base model (which is what this started out as) out for £1800!

dave32
    Free Member

Northwind, how’s the internal routing on yours, mines be noisy as hell and the headset is creaking bad to?

Northwind

Mine is the alu one so external cables mostly. Bizarrely the bike arrived with no bottom headset bearing (everything else was there, so it looked complete but the bearing fairies had struck) so it has a hope in.

So basically I am of no help!

dave32
    Free Member

haha no worries, I’ve stuck mine in the shop now and told them I don’t want it back till it’s quiet!! Think it’s gonna be the same route as you and replace headset and bb..

Northwind

If it’s a medium I’ll swap you for a nice quiet alu one 😆

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Monster truck that’s been even more monster trucked since this picture was taken.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Ignore the zero travel 29er next to it. Does 140/130mm count as a long travel 29er? Either way it’s great going down hill.

In use at BPW. Although perspective makes it look like it has a tiny front wheel.

nickc

weird how only a few years ago 29ers looked really odd, all these bikes look really cool!

mikeep
    Free Member

kirky72
    Free Member
    renton
    Free Member

Some really nice looking bikes peeps.

Keep them coming.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Absolute weapon, long, 66.5 HA, still climbs ok, but that’s not its reason for existence!

scandal42
    Free Member

Some crackers here.

Mines only 130/120 😥

renton
    Free Member

Trailrider Jim. I would of ended up on one of those but bought the Orange instead.

smogmonster

Cube Stereo 140 29er

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Yes, I remember we exchanged a few emails about it. You seem happy with the Five, so I’m pleased for you. Bikes like these mean I’d really struggle to drop a wheel size now. Modern trail 29ers are bloody great machines.

thv3
    Free Member

Last Friday…… 😥

ton

can i ask a question to all the big travel 29er owners.
    do you think you are a good enough rider to do you bike of choice justification.
    when i ride my enduro i feel like i am in control on it and no matter what i rode, if i had the balls, would knock it out of it’s stride.
    everything feels a bit slow and sedate when riding it.

i read a review from the states about it. they said that no rider is capable of taking it to it’s limits.
    wonder it this is so.

simonjj
    Free Member

Candodavid
    Free Member

Ton, I ride my tallboy Ltc as hard as possible, or until it goes tits up, I’m sure there’s more potential there, have to wait till my balls have got bigger though

andyjh

Snap renton

Absolutely loving this bike and it’s completely changed my view of long travel bikes. I thought it would only come out when I was heading to a trail center but it’s a blast to ride everywhere and even climbs really well 🙂

Actually, could you do me a favour as your suspension setup is the same as mine? Could you ping me your shock ID Code as mine has lost its sticker? Many thanks 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Ton – Mikeep rides his Enduro pretty well, that’s taken at the end of the EWS – think he finished top 5 in his category, which seems to be a common occurance 🙂

I take my Five29 down DH trail, enduro trails, to enduro races…. do I push it to it’s limits? Totally not, as I know riders who would knock a full minute off me in a 5 minute stage on the same bike.

Does it mean I don’t deserve to ride it, or enjoy riding it? Totally not. It’s a monster.

However, I’ll be on something carbon with tiny wheels next year for races, I@m still keeping the Five though.

Northwind

ton – Member

can i ask a question to all the big travel 29er owners.
    do you think you are a good enough rider to do you bike of choice justification.

This is not a Massive 29er Specific issue, every bike i own is better than I am… Tomorrow I’m going to fail to take a rigid 29er to its limits.

Mine is unashamedly monster truck tbh, so it’s not really the “right bike” except when things are messy. But it’s not terrible the rest of the time. I wouldn’t have it as an only bike.

mboy
    Free Member

Mid travel rather than long but here’s my Evil Following…

And with z1ppy’s at Kinver…

And in the Wyre…

Off to do the Techie Devil on it on Sunday… Can’t wait! 😀

bigjim

well if we’re doing 120mm we can do 115mm

my bike is cooler than all yours

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Bikes like these encourage you to ride them harder, but if you cross your limit threshold, they’re the sort of bike you really want to be on, to get you out of trouble. For me, they’re fun with a dose of safety thrown in, just in case.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Long travel full suss 29er's … show me yours.’ is closed to new replies.