Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Long term bruising
  • chvck
    Free Member

When I ride my bike after a while my knees start bouncing off my top tube which leads to bruising on the insides of my knees, especially my right knee. Are there any long term negative impacts that I should be aware of from having pretty much permanent bruising in one spot?

I’ve already got foam on my top tube and got some new pads with more protection on the way (I wear through both pads and foam…). It’s not a technique thing either, it’s a medical thing.

scaredypants

Sorry OP, don’t have an answer, except that my guess is that pain would stop you riding before major damage occurred

Sounds awful though, is there nothing that an altered q factor or foot / cleat position might help with?

chvck
    Free Member

Sounds awful though, is there nothing that an altered q factor or foot / cleat position might help with?

I doubt it, they fall inward when I ride and I can’t stop it from happening. The foam on the top tube does help take a lot of the sting out!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chiefgrooveguru

I think you need to fix whatever’s causing such extreme knee valgus – it’ll be a mix of some muscles being too tight and others being too weak. My right knee does it a bit since I broke my ankle really badly and it no longer has a full range of motion.

chvck
    Free Member

For me it’s MS causing weakness, if I actually get off the bike when my legs are really bad then I usually just fall over! Rather than a mix I think all my muscles are just too weak 😀

matt_outandabout

Is this not an excuse for a custom bike with no top tube?

N+1 dahlings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Long term bruising’ is closed to new replies.