Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Long slack hardtail for the long legged, long arms, heavy type
  • vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Think 99.99% of all bikes are Taiwan steel/Ali/carb these days to be fair. Shopping hol with a large suitcase is probs a good idea!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

What’s your budget VitusBigWheeler?

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Frame probably between the £400-£550 mark. Will probably up cycle most the rest or replace as I go

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

And yes before someone says it – i know I won’t get a home grown frame for that. Or unlikely anyway

DrP

I’ve built up and recently started riding a Chromag Rootdown (original version) in replacement to an ali Pinnacle frame – 130mm forks etc etc..

It’s FANTASTIC – granted, 3lb heavier than the ali frame, but riding it is so much more fun, hoppy, boppy, and fast up and down 🙂

Will post pics, but I’m loving the steel 29er HT category y’know!

DrP

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

And yes before someone says it – i know I won’t get a home grown frame for that. Or unlikely anyway

😆

I had a suggestion, but yes, you won’t get a homegrown frame for that.

😀

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Some major chromag fans out there

batman11
    Free Member

Orange crush here same as you 6.3 but heavier, actually ride a large 19in great frame comfy and very quick.
    I’ve seen a new p7 and Gotta say it has the gate like look about it due to a higher top tube than the crush for me!
    Also worth a look the production privee oka! Steel long and low very crush like in angles!
    Must say though having come from about 3/4 other steel frames in the last few years the crush is a very compliant frame as good as some comfort wise and better than others!
    I’d get a ride on one if you can though for fit because I’d say your able to fit both lrg and Xl frames

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Yeah think I’ll try find a crush demo near by. Seen both crush and p7 lately and like the look of both, not done the whole steel thing yet so that may sway it. Like the idea of a chromatic but limited availability is an issue

goodgrief
    Free Member

My mate’s Small Town Boy frame, full custom geometry for £400

Latest frame finished! Tomorrows task – Stealth paint job!

Posted by Small Town Boy – Designs on Monday, September 21, 2015

singlespeedstu

goodgrief.
    Do you have any contact details for STB please?
    I don’t do facebook.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Here’s an email addy for Steve, he doesn’t have a website
    salter1144@gmail.com

Instagram?
    https://www.instagram.com/smalltownboydesigns/

singlespeedstu

Cheers.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Long slack hardtail for the long legged, long arms, heavy type’ is closed to new replies.