Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Long shot but show me your Pivot's please
  • RustyMac

Lying in bed feeling like crap with a virus my 8 month old has given me. Good news is I have a Pivot Mach 5.7 frame in the post to me as i type, anyone got one built up to give me inspiration for my build?

Please help cheer me up i feel proper rubbish.

bikeneil
    Free Member

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Sadly I don’t own a Pivot, and I’m unlikely to be able to afford one… but the Pivot Mach 5.7 is still the best bike I’ve ever demoed. I’m quite keen to try out a Pivot Mach 6 carbon sometime 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mmannerr

Due various non-bike related issues it took me almost 2 years to get mine fit right.. now I’m thinking that while fit might not 100% correct for me it is still a fantastic bike.

In contrast to usual praise (they are correct btw) here are some heretical thoughts:
    – the headtube length is comically short – I like long and low bikes but I have stack of spacers, 12deg rise 60mm stem and 40mm rise on the handlebar to get the bar just below seat.
    – it needs fancy shock and some tinkering (volume reducers and damping). Not for climbing but for descending – swoopy dh trails are problem with too large shock volume or shot damping.
    – seat tube angle makes it feel like I could fall backwards on seated steep climbs.

I don’t a recent photo handy at the moment, I can post something tomorrow.

RustyMac

Short head tube shouldn’t be too much of an issue for me, I’m only 5’8. My old and broken iron horse mk3 had a pretty short head tube as does my genesis latitude.

Hoping to put a strait Thomson post in so that should help with any seat angle issues..

Someone must have some pictures … Anyone?

RustyMac

Bump for the morning crowd.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Came to the thread expectant….. was not disappoint….

Can OP post pics [any pics] ?

RustyMac

Not yet, frame is still in the post.

mmannerr

Here is mine in a bad photo:

(damn g00gle for removing real sharing features from picasa/g+)

RustyMac

frame still not here, looks like in my haste to get it ordered i miss typed my post code 😳

here’s hoping it arrives soon.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Here’s my Mach 5.7, now with added Reverb

DSC01521 by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Great bike BTW, you’ll love it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Long shot but show me your Pivot's please’ is closed to new replies.