Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long shot: Anyone put an On*One Smorgasbord tyre on a Blur 4X rear?
  • higgo
    Free Member

or any other Santa Cruz of similar vintage with the ‘Californian’ mud clearance in the rear triangle?

Did it fit?

higgo
    Free Member

Anyone?

higgo
    Free Member

I’ll take that as a ‘No’ then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smiff
    Free Member

or anyone put a Chunky Monkey in a Revelation?

just realised how weird that sounds out of context..

higgo, i’ve heard the Smorg is tall and fairly narrow (for a Maxxis 2.25). dunno, just ordered one.. geeky specs are here:

http://www.shedfire.com/2012/06/20/smorgasbord-what-does-it-take-to-make-a-tyre/

doom_mountain

I’ve got a Chunky Monkey / Rev combo, still a fair bit of mud room.
    It’s on an Arch EX rim so blows up BIG, really grippy tyre, dead impressed considering the price.
    Smorgasbord on the back, doesn’t seem massively different in shape as the High Roller ir replaced.
    Both are coping well with the compacted snow / sheet ice lurking around here….

higgo
    Free Member

Hmmm….. tall could be a bit of a problem with the B4X rear end but, thinking about it a bit more, my HT is currently on a winter rear tyre with nothing to go back on in spring as we head for 6months of dusty, hot summer here on the Western fringe of the Dark Peak.

So, I buy the Smorgasbord and, if it doesn’t fit the B4X it goes in the shed to go on the HT in a few months. No risk.

smiff
    Free Member

using the very scientific “finger between tyre and frame” method, i’d say it’s about same size (highest and widest) as Advantage 2.25. but more rounded?
    grips better though, but about half a pound heavier (? haven’t weighed) so it should. nice, i’ll probably set this up tubeless and run it ’till summer then maybe back to the advantage. or not, Advantages aren’t very good are they why did i buy so many?

thanks doom might try a Monkey on front too 🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Running a Monkey in Rebas at the moment, my that is one big tyre!

Plenty of room though… well… enough anyway 😉 Wouldn’t want to shoe anything much bigger in there!

andyl
    Free Member

got a set of smorgasboard 29ers on my Scandal with rebas. Not much room on the rear but loads on the rebas. Wish I had gone for a chunky monkey front now. Running on 21mm internal rims and they look huge compared to 2.25 NN.

smiff
    Free Member

ah so that depends on age of fork.. newer Rebas are like Revs? squarer arch. old curvy arch would be no go with a Chunky, or even the 2.25 maxxis i think.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long shot: Anyone put an On*One Smorgasbord tyre on a Blur 4X rear?’ is closed to new replies.