Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Long shot – anyone fit an evoc bike bag in a3 sportback?
  • nickdavies

Specifically, with back seats down and the bike bag upright against one side of the car, or across the back seats with them up? The numbers say it should just go, but not by much.

Cheers

Edit: with bike inside!

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve had mine in a Seat Ibiza with the back seats down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes, was an S3 but it just fits

DickBarton

This does sound a long shot…an Audi driver NOT sticking another status symbol on the roof?

I’m pretty sure it will fit, as much as the A4 is an incredibly small boot space, the A3 isn’t as bad (in terms of sizing up against the competition), with seats folded down, no real reason why it wouldn’t fit.

The bike bag will add bulk to the size/shape being packed – why does it need to go in the bag? Would a tarpaulin not be suitable? Buy a large enough one and it will protect all sides of the car as you can fold it over the bike and wheels once it is inside, with the sides also covered.

Bike bag is probably a long-term better idea as you can obviously use the bike to go abroad with your bike, but if it is being used purely to transport the bike in the car, there are cheaper ways…(and yes, I’m not falling for the stereotypical image of an Audi owner where money has no meaning…save cash on less important stuff and you can spend more on the stuff that does count!)

iolo
    Free Member

I had one in a Nissan micra. Back seats down but not upright.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A bike will go into an A3 front wheel off lying down, I’m a bit surprised an evoc would fit vertically as the roof line is quite low but it seems it does.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah re read.
    Flat on the boot of an S3 with seats down.
    Fits across the back seats of an A4
    Upright not much chance, if you are going to put it on the back seats just drop the seats and lay it flat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – anyone fit an evoc bike bag in a3 sportback?’ is closed to new replies.