Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Long Mynd and Eastridge Routes
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

Me and my mate are looking to go to ride Long Mynd tomorrow but don’t know the area can anyone recommend a route. We quite like natural trails and a bit of tech. GPX routes would be appreciated as well.

We are also thinking of doing Eastridge as well so any suggestions on that front would be appreciated.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Plenty or routes on Strava.

singlespeedstu

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1677054169#.WPSRSgRC-EY.google_plusone_share
    Nice little route we rode on Friday.
    You might have to “walk” one bit though as it’s a footpath. 😉

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Thanks don’t mind a bit of ‘walking’ 😉

On Trailforks I’ve seen a descent called Townbrook Hollow. Anyone know if that is any good and there seems to be one called Cow Ridge.

welshfarmer

I have sent you a gpx which takes in the Long Mynd, Siperstones and Eastridge. Best part of 50km but a great ride

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Cheers mate!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Townbrook requires walking and unless you get there early it’s probably not a good idea on a busy BH weekend.
    It is a very good walk though

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Noted about sensitivities about being busy but why does it require walking?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Because it’s a footpath………… 😳

qwerty
    Free Member

I have sent you a gpx which takes in the Long Mynd, Siperstones and Eastridge. Best part of 50km but a great ride

Would you mind sharing? Email in profile. Ta

dekadanse
    Free Member

Worth looking at welshfarmer’s map – Stipersones is brilliant too, and not far from the Long Mynd!

walleater

Pretty stupid having Townbrook Hollow on Trailforks, even with the disclaimer. I see it’s also a ‘black’ trail LOL. Must have somehow got a lot steeper than how it was in 1990 when we used to ride down (and up) it on fully rigid bikes.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

So Townbrook Hollow isn’t one worth doing? What about this Cow Ridge and Ridge 2 on trailforks?

What’s Stipersones like?

walleater

It depends on whether you want to break ‘the rules’ 😉 I once got pulled over by a Ranger on what now seems to be called Ridge 2 for potentially flattening rare grass! Cardingmill Valley area on a weekend is a bit of a poo show’. I used to park on the Inwood road and love an old school high speed blast down to it but maybe thankfully it’s not made it on to Trailforks yet.

mrhoppy

Townbrook is a fun descent but it’s about as cheeky as cheeky trails get.

I prefer Eastridge as long as it’s not the actual red route which is a bit of a ball ache for the pay back. There are 6 or so good routes down off lordshill and about the same again from the top of the 93 & 98 dh courses.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Townbrook is good fun, but definitely one to avoid at the weekends, never mind a Bank Holiday, the local press & rangers have been on it recently nabbing riders, it’s best to just avoid it-there’s platy of others to go at.
    Eastridge is awesome & running really well if you want some steeper stuff, just open your eyes to trails & don’t’ ‘just’ follow the marked route.

welshfarmer

For those who have asked for a gpx, hope you enjoy the route. One thing I wanted to point out is that the high-level path across the top of the Stiperstones is very rocky and techie and not for the faint hearted. I did try and ride it on a 29er HT and was able to give a fair account. But bear in mind it might not be to everyone’s taste. There is a path that skirts the tops to the east that follows the top of the plantation, or there is a lower level bridleway that could also be used to avoid the top but I haven’t ridden them so can offer no advice. The first trail on my route where you enter Eastwood is also the Black Run so unless comfortable with that please follow the red route and not my route. Have fun and use your own discretion if in doubt.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd and Eastridge Routes’ is closed to new replies.