Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Long holiday filming device and storage
  • trout
    Free Member

My Brother is going on a motorbike road trip to the Sturgis bike rally in the good ole USA this year.

He has asked my advise on a filming and storage set up ( ie Helmet cam )
    for footage of trip but I am well out of touch of what is now the best methods .

so my question is what is the best way to record ( camera Gopro ??? ) and data storage ( lots of memory cards ??? ) for a 3 week road trip

I am guessing he will want some nice vids and the ability to grab some nice stills from the footage

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Dropbox cloud storage, Internet cafe?

Or

Laptop and a 1TB external hard drive?

trout
    Free Member

He is doing about 5000 miles on a motorbike with wife on the back and luggage so needs to be small

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

a few 4 gb cards, when full have them burned to dvd and post them home?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go pro and a card library back them up where he can.

CountZero

Here: http://www.7dayshop.com/special/monster-memory-madness/7dayshop-sdhc-cards?utm_medium=email&utm_source=7dayshop.com+Limited&utm_campaign=4078060_2014-05-05-MemoryMadness&utm_content=SDHCCARDS&dm_i=18LS,2FENG,DLSR09,8TO0N,1
    Special offer, 8Gb SDHC cards at £4.24 each, or 16Gb at £5.99 each. At that price he could buy a pocketful, then copy them to a harddrive at home, and just put them into storage as original backup.
    Even the 32Gb cards are only a tenner! I bought several 8Gb cards a while back, and is put them to one side when full, and I’ll be buying a bunch more soon at this price.
    Or, take an iPad Mini with the Apple Camera Kit, he can copy the photos onto it, then go through them and bin any crap ones. That’s what I do, I’ve got over 6000 photos on my pad at the mo’, then I can just connect it to the computer to back it up. He can enable iCloud to do the Photostream when he has free wifi access, which means the photos will be backing up anyway.

trout
    Free Member

Nice one CountZero I didnt realise sd cards had dropped so much in price
    seems the way to go Ta

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Long holiday filming device and storage’ is closed to new replies.