Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Long (400mm +) 27.2 seatposts – what options are there?
  • CrispyCSW

As per the title, I can only find Thomson seatposts in a decent length, looking ideally for 430mm ish, but a minimum of 400mm. Does anyone have any suggestions for other brands I should have a look for?

druidh
    Free Member

Ever wondered why there are so few options?

thomthumb
    Free Member

roox

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TooTall
    Free Member

FSA. 440mm IIRC

Get the right sized frame – it is easier in the long run.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Control Tech do a 400mm which looks very similar to a Thomson but a bit cheaper – got mine from CRC.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

I bought a very cheap silver/brushed ally finished post from ebay the other day…. a branded raleigh one no less. I guess it depends what quality you are looking for.

desf
    Free Member

Salsa Shaft was over 400mm I think. not sure if they are still available.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got a Control Tech. Very nice.

druidh
    Free Member

Brompton?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Well fortunately Thomson are the best seatposts anyway, so unless money is an issue get the Thomson.

jim
    Free Member

Why does having a correctly sized frame preclude the need for 400mm seatposts?

CrispyCSW

Thanks everyone, a few more to look at there.

DruidH / Too Tall, the seatpost is for my 2nd bike which is used primarily as a jump / play bike, hence the smaller frame. It’s being pressed into more XC duties as my main bike is in bit’s with various items sent off for servicing. Even so I agree with Jim – why does a 400mm seatpost equal an incorrectly sized frame? Surely it depends on what type of riding you do?

druidh
    Free Member

Crispy. At a guess, I’d assume that the bike designers took the “type of riding” into account when they designed the frame. How many frames are designed to have seatposts > 400mm?

lunge

Brand-X at CRC, i have a 400mm + one for that exact use.

Nobby

I’ve not had a problem with a 400mm On-One Twelfty post.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My Inbreds are THE perfect size for me. A 16in frame fits 5’6″ to 5’10”. I’m 5’8″, slap bang in the middle. With an inline post and an 80mm stem the length is spot on. Standover is perfect
    A 330mm seatpost has to be set virtually slap bang on the maximum mark, maybe a tad over. So I use a 400+mm post to get more inside the frame, and specifically past the top tube/seat tube junction. That makes a lot of sense, I think you’ll find.
    🙂

cheers_drive

I’m also looking for the same spec post for my PA, it’s a large and fits 6’3″ of me great. I’ve been running a 350mm post at max for 6 months but need an extra 20mm to match the pedal to seat measurement on my other bikes.

boxelder

Roox S4, long, strong and purty.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Long (400mm +) 27.2 seatposts – what options are there?’ is closed to new replies.