• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by mehr.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • London Weekend night out-out
  • grtdkad

Me and the missus have a long weekend in London in March, we have a spare night to fill and want to cherry pick best option for gig, comedy club etc etc

Is there a single hub where you can select a date and see a full range of ‘what’s on’ across a wide range of venues and entertainment types?

I’m kind of in a semi-paranoid FoMO mindset where I’m reluctant to book event ‘x’ just in case I find out that ‘y’ had a gig on the same night.

Moon-on-a-stick?

binners

Just go out on a massive pub crawl round Camden and get coked up to your eyeballs and see where you end up

Isn’t that what everyone does when they go to London?

shermer75
    Free Member

The best places for weekend music don’t tend to also be the best places for weekend comedy and vice versa- mostly for the very practical reason that the venues are all being used for one or the other.

shermer75
    Free Member

I think that the Leicester Square theatre has the best comedy and I mostly see bands in the Dalston and Clapton areas, however it very much depends on your taste in each

grtdkad

Ah, sorry my question wasn’t clear Shermer. I wasn’t looking for a single venue.
    I’m looking for a internet based “what’s on” search page where I can see what’s available across a spectrum of venues on a given date

erictwinge
    Free Member

Timeout is the oracle. visitlondon.com has a lot of good info too.

if its comedy and cool surroundings your after, head for The Bill Murray in Angel

shermer75
    Free Member

The Bill Murray is a good shout. It’s near The Lexington which is a great live venue and Upper Street has tons of eateries.

As for online hub, Time Out is still useful but a shadow of what it once was. I actually think that there is a bit of a gap waiting to be filled there tbh!

senorj

Time out +1
    “Just go out on a massive pub crawl round Camden and get coked up to your eyeballs and see where you end up”
    That was the 1990’s grandad ;-), the last 20 years have seen all the cool cats go east, though even that is now a little passe….darling. 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If it’s in Time out I wouldn’t go as it will be full of other tourists. Just as a counterpoint 🙂

nah it’s a good start.  Depends what you want really. A squat party in Peckham? Immersive theatre in an abandoned fridge in Walthamstow?

mehr
    Free Member

For a comedy club you can’t beat the Tattershall Castle you get an amazing view of night time London as well

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘London Weekend night out-out’ is closed to new replies.