Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • London to Paris 3 day Ride – anyone done it?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

I’m planning this for next Easter, with a couple of friends. We’re planning on going via Folkestone, cross on the train and then on from there. Anyone able to share suggestions on route selection, and/or suggestions of a decent stopover location for night two?

Any info most welcome. 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

bump for the longdistance nighttime massive.

thehustler
    Free Member

not done a 3 day, but have done a 4, still have the map book somewhere with the route.

Calais, Arras and Compagne wre our stop overs, the last was close enough to paris that you could have continued on

steelfan
    Free Member

Did it a few years ago with a bunch of kids from City of London some about 13 yrs old.
    Started at Crystal Palace down to Newhaven then ferry to Dieppe and two days riding from there. I think it was about 60 miles a day and the Hardest bit was the in the UK. Lovely cycling in France and it was an amazing experience for the youngsters especially cycling through the suburbs of Paris and ending up at the Eiffel Tower!

Ladders
    Free Member

We did one of the organised L2Ps and we did Calais, Amiens and Paris.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Excellent, cheers people.

Ladders, I’m assuming yours was a three dayer from how you’ve described it. any chance you have the actual route you took? i’d love to get an idea of decent roads to aim for, knowing that they’re tried and tested, rather than getting well into france having misjudged it!

Hustler, if you were able to give more detail on your route as well i’d really appreciate it!

theflatboy
    Free Member

bump. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘London to Paris 3 day Ride – anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.