Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • London to Brighton at the weekend
  • pickle
    Free Member

Hi all

Just thought i’d bang up that i’m going to be doing the London to Brighton ride for my Hospital charity on Sunday.
    To make things a little more interesting though i’m going to be doing it on this…..My 1990 SE Assassin
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/robertbransby/seassassin5.jpg%5B/img%5D

I know none of you knwo me (well maybe a few of you) but if anyone does fancy chucking me a few quid then my justgiving site is

http://www.justgiving.com/Projects-team-st-marks

hope to do the 54 miles in about 6 hours but who knows! 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

blimey……..i’m bowled over by all the ‘best of luck’ responses……….cheers 😐

i guess you’re all too busy slating the C456 or talking about what tyres to use at the weekend 🙄

oh well no worries 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

You have to remember most will have just scanned the topic title, and unless they have a keen interest in Brightion, London and/or the riding of the distance in between will, probably not click the link.

If you had put ‘London to Brighton on a BMX’, which admittedly would ruin the big reveal, would have garnered more interest.

Anyway, good luck 8)

pickle
    Free Member

good point…….cheers for the good luck message 🙂

I think the wind and rain will be against us all the way though 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

You have indeed pick(l)ed an awful time to do it. Unless you get tailwind, in which case fit a sail and you will kill it.

pickle
    Free Member

come on……..when does the damn wind ever give you a tailwind? it always seems to hit you right in the face! 😆

i think i will be wishing i had gears though when the hills start hitting me hard

TimP
    Free Member

Good luck, but just remember when it gets tough it is all downhill from the top of Ditchling Beacon to the sea, a pint and fish and chips!

lewislippiatt
    Free Member

I’m doing this too, for my charity which I won’t mention in case it diverts funds from you!

I’ll be on a wholly more sensible Specialized Secteur roadie, wearing a pink, blue and white jersey and MTB baggies and helmet. I’ll keep an eye out for you and say hi!

Good luck!

m1kea
    Free Member

A guy I knew years ago did the main L2B on a BMX. For an added twist, he made some extra long forks to turn the bike in to a long fork chopper.

And just to make things worse, he had to wrap a whole load of chain around the crown area to stop the thing wheelying. Think the bike came in at 40lbs or so.

evisu70
    Free Member

London to Brighton on a BMX and especially up Ditchling Beacon, I had enough problems on a geared bike!

Good luck and give us a report on how you tackled the Green Monster.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘London to Brighton at the weekend’ is closed to new replies.