Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • London theatre/shows – any recommendations?
  • oldtennisshoes

Heading to London next week for work and then a few days holiday with the family.
    Was hoping to go to the theatre, but not sure what.
    Any recommendations? Anything considered – the youngest is 16.
    What you got?

theotherjonv

Came on to say The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Stunning, but now closed (or rather, on tour)

Which makes it a wider PSA – everyone, go and see it.

https://www.atgtickets.com/shows/the-ocean-at-the-end-of-the-lane/?_ga=2.146939764.2133366026.1680349658-772209724.1680349658

My wife and kids would then say BTTF for wholesome fun, or Heathers if you like a smutty joke, innuendo, etc. The website warns:

Please note this production contains haze, loud noises, flashing lights and strobe, as well as strong language, moments of violence and mature themes including eating disorders, murder, suicide, and sexual violence. Audience discretion is advised.

with a +14 advisory, but my wife says it is done very untastefully / tongue in cheek (eg: key song = ‘I love my dead gay son’) – book of Mormon style. Might not be your cup of tea but if it is……

theotherjonv

if you like proper plays, and you can get tickets….. apparently To Kill a Mockingbird is just amazing too.

(my wife and kids watch a LOT of theatre…. if you see anything you fancy from the mainstream and want an opinion then ask – they’ve seen loads; Mathilda, Hamilton, Wicked, Harry Potter, Newsies, Jersey Boys, Moulin Rouge, Phantom, …….. as well as less mainstream)

lunge

Hamilton is amazing.
    Book of Mormon is also brilliant.

spacemonkey

Friends recently saw Back to the Future and said it was excellent.

pk13

Back to the future is actually very good and not a copy and paste of the film so not like you’ve seen it all before

fossy

Matilda

sargey

Watched Cheryl Cole in 2.22 a ghost story last weekend,was better than expected.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Back to the future and To Kill a Mockingbird are both brilliant. I still can’t figure out the special effects in Back to the Future.

I’d also recommend if it’s still running Come From Away.

And The Book Of Mormon is side splittingly funny if you’ve not already seen it. But isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so no hurry.

fasthaggis

Saw ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ in Jan,it was absolutely brilliant,all the cast are superb.

oldtennisshoes

Thanks all, keep the recommendations coming. To Kill and Mockingbird is definitely on the list.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Guys and Dolls, get tickets for the floor,rebooked to go again in July

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.