Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • London brunch suggestions
  • chipps

I’m on a rare visit to London on a weekend off. Any suggestions for where I should go for brunch/lunch on a Sunday with a few friends? Somewhere Soho/Cov Gdn part of the world would be nice. My 20 years ago courier knowledge isn’t that useful 🙂

Oh, and somewhere that’s not bonkers expensive would be good!

slimraybob
    Free Member

Randall & Aubin on Brewer St would be my choice

iDave
    Free Member

I like Le Pain Quotidien in Great Marlborough Street, big tables for lots of people. Nice coffee too. Or there’s a Leons 50 yards away in Carnaby Street.

MrSmith
    Free Member

andrew edmunds or polpo in beak st.
    then a gelato from gelupo in archer st

forge197
    Free Member

I like Smiths of Smithfield nice breakfast

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I recently had some nice grub in the Stockpot on Panton St, and there’s one on Old Compton St. Was very tasty, and more like a cafe. Relatively cheap for the West End, unpretentious and down to earth.

The Old Compton one is bang next door to the Pollo bar, which was very good last I went in there, but that was a few years ago. TBH there’s so many places along there that you can’t go wrong really. The only deciding factor is how posh you wanna go. McDs at one end of the scale, and somewhere like the Ivy at t’other.

Bez

If you happen to pass Crown on the Strand (little Italian caff) pop in for a couple of custard tarts, they’re crazy good.

joolsburger
    Free Member

A client took me to a little Italian in Great Portland Street for lunch – – La Vigna was very good and very reasonable.

sas
    Free Member

How about Bodeans? The place I always wanted to go to but never got round to it. Unless you’re a veggie.

damo2576
    Free Member

Automat – Dover St

Philby

Joe Allen’s – very close to Covent Garden and the Strand and does nice brunch type grub.

http://www.joeallen.co.uk/

catfood
    Free Member

Ballans on Old Compton Street is good

brooess
    Free Member

Smiths of Smithfield. Very very good.
    But be prepared to spend a few minutes sharing a sofa with a few Grauniad-toting yuppies while they find you a table 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Men do not have “Brunch”….

However, around Covent Garden and Soho….

Sophie’s – Steak. Expensive but excellent
    Bodean’s – as mentioned above, meaty Yank fodder goodness
    Ed’s, if it’s still there! Great burgers and shakes, US diner style
    Mon Plaisir – Possibly the finest French food in London, with very GAllic service to match! Have the Foie Gras, it’s sublime. As is their list of Calvados.
    Sheekeys – Marvellous.

And, of course, lest we forget….the finest place to eat around there;
    http://www.simpsonsinthestrand.co.uk/
    Have the proper breakfast. Words fail me….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Calvados??? That did for me on a cross channel ferry, once…. 😳

MrBlond
    Free Member

Not exactly what I’d call brunch (in fact let’s call it what it is, lard) but Bodeans + 1

juan
    Free Member

Have the Foie |/b]

tut tut CFH I do expect better from you 😉

chipps

Bodean’s was the winning choice. And very fine it was too. Thanks for the tips, folks!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yummy goosey goodness….! 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Benjys

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘London brunch suggestions’ is closed to new replies.