Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • London Bridge
  • Houns

Seen videos of police having to shoot someone, pretty graphic videos on twitter at the moment

piha
    Free Member

The video appears to show a member of the public wrestling with the chap that appeared to get shot!

Houns

Yup, looks like police dragged the bloke off him(?) before shooting him, possible suicide vest?

kimbers

Does seem that terrorist think it will be more destabilising during an election

Houns

Just seen another video, group of people seem to have apprehended the person, one member of public seen carrying knife away from person apprehended, then everyone backs off sharpish

IHN

pretty graphic videos on twitter at the moment

It baffles me why people think these things need sharing

pondo

Crikey – there were armed police in New Street Station this morning. Not a unique occurrence, but you wonder if there was an awareness that something had been planned.

v8ninety

It baffles me why people think these things need sharing

There’s an argument that it holds the security services to public account. I’m in two minds on that one.

Houns

Sadly typical responses on twitter blaming Corbyn and immigration! From what I’ve seen you can’t tell the sex of the person let alone race or religion

matt_outandabout

Once more I am reminded that our police and emergency services are putting themselves in harms way to protect others.

Nothing more to say at the moment, and I am not watching anything on twitter.

Drac

there were armed police in New Street Station this morning. Not a unique occurrence, but you wonder if there was an awareness that something had been planned.

Most UK cities have an armed presence now, sadly and thankfully.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, I don’t know why I watched them, but I’ve seen 3 videos now of the shooting. It’s barbaric, but shooting people is. What can they do though? Since 7/7 they have to assume that if someone is wearing a very, or even a bulky clothing they’re wearing a bomb.

I’m not sure if the suspect is dead, seemed to still be moving, but no one is going to help them until they know they’re not a threat, maybe they’ll be left to die.

It’s a **** up world sometimes.

jolmes
    Free Member

Seems the police at the scene must have had a very valid reason to back off like that (from the videos) and very sharpishly incapacitate the suspect. Pretty sure they wouldn’t have done that if there wasn’t an immediate threat to the public.

derek_starship
    Free Member

If a bomb vest was suspected then that shot is likely to have been to the head. In which case he is most likely dead. I just hope the police involved don’t endure prolonged suspensions and court.

What a job they have. To confront danger and then make a swift but considered decision to shoot to kill or hold.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

How many knife incidents in London every day?

If that was 500 yards south or a mile north would it have been the same result/ news coverage ??

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Normal knife incidents happen all the time round the city, they will get a firearms response as well. It’s just once they suspect it’s terror – it will get escalated massively.

They don’t usually shoot knife suspects on the ground once they’ve been pinned down either.

alpin
    Free Member

They certainly weren’t f*****about…!

Drac

If that was 500 yards south or a mile north would it have been the same result/ news coverage ??

If they’d been shot by the police and being treat as a terrorist incident then of course it would.

Houns

Eye witness on bbc news now stating suspect wearing some sort of vest

mefty
    Free Member

Perpetrator was tazered not shot, seems member(s) of the public tackled him, multiple victims reported at least 5

rogermoore

Funny sounding tazer on the video I watched.
    RM.

Houns

Heard two gunshots on the vids I’ve seen (and yes taser used too)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Perpetrator was tazered not shot, seems member(s) of the public tackled him, multiple victims reported at least 5

Dunno about that, maybe two suspects, I think someone was taken out of a lorry?

Anyway, in the video I saw there were 3 Police with Rifles drawn, at 1 point an officer points his rifle almost point blank as his face, changes his mind and pulls away a man the suspect is wrestling and there’s two loud bangs.

Drac

Met said he was shot. Can we stick with facts please.

Houns

Suspect was wearing hoax explosive device

mefty
    Free Member

Confirmed dead, so presumably shot as well!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good ol’ argument 🤷‍♂️

P-Jay
    Free Member

These things are always confused when it comes to ‘on the spot reporting’. I don’t suspect mefty was trying to troll or whatever.

And if you want ‘just the facts’ follow the Met’s twitter feed.

chewkw
    Free Member

Confirmed dead, so presumably shot as well!

It looks like the knife man was shot by a powerful round of 5.56 (only heard one shot) rather than HK 9mm.

Definitely no return with 5.56.

p/s: Police would not shoot unless there is something else that is very dangerous to the public.

pp/s: I think it was 9mm not 5.56 looking at the video.

Drac

And if you want ‘just the facts’ follow the Met’s twitter feed.

Thanks for the tip but as a mod I’m asking people don’t speculate, discussion if fine but in the past these threads have got messy due to speculation.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Yeah tazers don’t make quite that kind of bang and smoke lol.

BoardinBob

Kudos to the public for tackling him. Very brave and commendable.

jimdubleyou

I work literally 50 metres away.

Building was locked down, we saw police running on overpass over Lower Thames Street (never good when you police running).

Heard a couple of shots then about 30-60 seconds later(enough to think, “was that a gunshot?”), heard 5-10 more. Then about 10 seconds later a couple more.

Not seen videos that go past the first couple of shots.

Then moved people away from windows, and about 20 mins later we had to evacuate out of the corden.

chewkw
    Free Member

Kudos to the public for tackling him. Very brave and commendable.

Very brave of them to hold the person down for so long but any wrong move would mean more death judging from the way they disperse …

senorj

Bravo to the police and those that apprehended the guy imo.
    Family J were at the Tate modern today, fortunately inside at the time.
    Got back from riding, saw the news ,cue rather nervy call to check they are ok.
    (They are) I’m certainly thinking about the innocent folk who are reported as injured.

Drac

Absolutely the pubic were incredible and possibly prevented it from being much worse. Also to emergency services responding, I know my arse would be seriously twitching.

Cougar

Since 7/7 they have to assume that if someone is wearing a very, or even a bulky clothing they’re wearing a bomb.

It’s a good job no-one’s invented a “dead man’s handle” trigger which activates if a would-be exploder lets go of a switch, or anything. Er, oh.

How can they be certain in that sort of situation? Is it just the lesser of two likelihoods they act upon?

Houns

Wonder what that white stuff was in the bag the bloke carrying the knife away threw from his pocket

jimdubleyou

How can they be certain in that sort of situation? Is it just the lesser of two likelihoods they act upon?

As I understand it, orders are to shoot. If you get blown up, unlucky.

I suspect the electronics in a dead mans trigger are a lot easier to get wrong (for an amateur), and are consequently less common…

alpin
    Free Member

I wondered exactly that…. ^^

His Friday night pick me up?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.