Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • London Bike Show
  • tuffty
    Free Member

Wondering about going to This next month. Anyone been before? What’s it like? Are you able to buy from the trade stands or is it only for looking at?

bikebouy
    Free Member

It was ok last year, it was coupled with the boat show back then but this year it’s on its own (I think)
    You could buy stuff then, lots of stands showing new gear and some stands for try bikes out. There was Raphas indoor crit as well which was hilarious, lots of folks bumbling around enjoying themselves. It does depend on what you intend to get out of it but it’s a good 3-5 hrs bumbling.
    Last years stands were well attended, some good manufacturers and some you’ve not heard of, I suspect this years will be bigger as it’s on its own and more stands to see.
    I’m going, but then it’s not far for me.

tuffty
    Free Member

Mmm sounds good, don’t get into London very often 🙂

wukfit
    Free Member

If you click on experience,
    on the right it says

Trials legend Martyn Ashton and Pro Mountain Biker Blake Samson will be returning to The London Bike Show with the awesome Animal Action Sports Tour

cut and paste from last year, or is he actually there?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I went last year for a day out on my birthday. I honestly wouldn’t go again , it was small and the stands were pretty boring IMHO.i wanted to like it I really did but after about an hour I wanted to leave.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah that’s the thing with it, some liked it (me) and some thought it too small. For me it’s good as I like boats too so last year I hung around the boat show too.
    Suppose you could link it in with a jaunt into town as well…

Defender
    Free Member

I went last year and enjoyed it along with the Boat Show and two other ‘outdoorsie’ shows that were on at the time, but it was in January, hence sharing with the Boat show, the weather was bad as we’d had snow just before the weekend.
    Last years was a combination of trade exhibitors and traders actually selling stuff!
    I hope it’s the same this year as I’m looking for a new helmet.
    This years show is sharing with 3 other ‘outdoorsie’ type shows on London Bike Show.
    The London Motorcycle show is also on but entry to that needs it’s own ticket:(
    My plan is to go on Friday most probably by train as a weekday trip across London by car isn’t my idea of fun.

tuffty
    Free Member

Yeah there is also the Telegraph travel and adventure show, triathlon show and dive show on Sat/Sun.

mikemorini
    Free Member

We’re planning on going on Friday.
    Anybody know of any ticket discount codes?

y0eddy
    Free Member

The trade stands appears to be full of distributors.

It is worth taking a massive wedge of money with a hope of bagging a bargain?

neninja
    Free Member

It’s a fair bit bigger this year than it was last year. One ticket gets you into the Bike show, the Triathlon Plus Show and the Telegraph Outdoor and Adventure Show. They are expecting 60,000 plus people to visit!

Not sure if it’s the case but I heard you could pay an extra pound for entry to the Motorcycle show too.

I’ll be there with the Gloworm lights and launching a new running/road cycling visibility vest.

If anyone wants a pair of free tickets I’ve got a competition running that closes tomorrow with 3 pairs of tickets up for grabs. You can find it here – https://www.facebook.com/crgmoto

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘London Bike Show’ is closed to new replies.