London bike show

Home Forum Bike Forum London bike show

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • London bike show
  • steveo48

Anyone going?

what are you going for? i quite liked the look of some brands that will be showing, esp Indy Fab 🙂 not sure if its worth the trip from yorkshire though

steveo48

Never been before, was hoping people’s opinions would give me some idea what to expect.

oldgit

Going Friday, and taking customers though it’s nothing to do with my line of work.
    Ones a clubman and has 5k to splurge out. Another one rode across America last year on a Surly he bought from a previous bike show.
    Looking forward to it.

Premier Icon brant
    Subscriber

Planet X/On-One are going, and I’m off on Sunday, having got in from a week in China on the Saturday night. So that should be fun.

We’ll have the new El Guapo 29 🙂

ti_pin_man

Last one I went to was aeons ago but am going this year as I am fairly local. Doesn’t seem to be a demo track but still looking for a new bike so will go and see whats around. Probably go in Thursday PM.

oliharan92

can you purchase stuff there?

my colleague is going – i got lumped with the adventure travel show a couple of weeks later… i wanted to see bikes 🙁

(and the on one fat bike)

jedi

i’ll be there thursday 🙂

Premier Icon Amos
    Subscriber

What day are you going Steve? How you getting there? You know where this is going eh! 😉

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I’m going Friday, didnt realise you could buy stuff, nor that planet x were there.

My C Card will be quivering at road stuff i don’t have, and I bet you £50 there’s a shiny road bike promising to make me a fast as Mr schleck…. :-/

steveo48

Amos sent you a text.

ChunkyMTB

I went last year. Wished I’d gone for a ride instead… which is what I’ll do this time.

Kryton57 – Member

I’m going Friday, didnt realise you could buy stuff, nor that planet x were there.

My C Card will be quivering at road stuff i don’t have, and I bet you £50 there’s a shiny road bike promising to make me a fast as Mr schleck…. :-/

I wouldn’t get too excited to be honest, not really a bike show but some bike related stuff pushed into the corner.

If you like massive millions of pounds boats, then you’ll love the event…

Sorry to be a downer on it, this was just my experience of it last year. Thankfully I didn’t have to pay.

jedi

as long as there are a few mtbs it’ll be a step up on the cycleshow!

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

S’ok, I now what to expect as I have a mate in the trade – who’s company have pulled their stand this year.

Its more day out for mrs kryton and kryton jnr really as we are London so its easy for us to get to….

1993rangie

Going with me boy, bike show, boat show and the outdoor show as well all good fun.

Went last year with my dad we spent half the day jumping around 40million quids worth of boats, ace day loved it.

ChunkyMTB

It really isn’t a ‘bike show’. The entire south hall and one half of the north hall is taken up with boats and people walking around with jumpers wrapped around shoulders. Whats left of the other half of that hall is mainly outdoor stuff with some bike bits thrown in.

Maybe it’s different this year. If you live in London and have nothing else to do then maybe worth a wander over. If you’re from further afield I really wouldn’t waste your money and time.

jedi

is there a bar selling beer? if yes then bikes and beers works for me 🙂

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

ChunkyMTB – Member
    It really isn’t a ‘bike show’.

No, but if Madison, On ONe / Planet X, MBUK, Bike radar an others are about they’ll be enough to look at.

grantway

Hoping to get over there as its very close to me
    Looking at buying one of these for charity road rides

Or one of these

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘London bike show’ is closed to new replies.