Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Loic Remy?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Looks like we’ve signed him, don’t know anything about him. My first impression is that it’s a bit underwhelming but I guess he’s a replacement for Borini rather than Suarez.

Is this a signing Liverpool fans should be pleased about?

Jamie
    Free Member

He’s just been banned for drink driving. So no need to worry about losing the moral compass that was Mr L. Suarez 😀

spud-face

Decent player, especially for £8.5m (how on earth have you scammed £14m for Borini?). Has twangy hamstrings, so best to hope he and Sturridge don’t synchronise on that front. On the down side, he signed for QPR rather than a proper prem team (Newcastle?) as they offered more cash, so don’t expect him to hang around if a big club come calling.

Allegedly a bit rapey, but at least that’d make for small talk if Brendan’s son ever pops round.

muggomagic

Not bad, I think it’s a case of Liverpool desperately needing to bolster their squad to be able to challenge in the league and champions league.

binners

Pfft! He’s ok, but he’s no Andy Carrol!

Allegedly a bit rapey, but at least that’d make for small talk if Brendan’s son ever pops round.

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep went for QPR over Newcastle for cash till they got relegated then to Newcastle on loan then back to QPR to get sold on. Fine set of morals. Didn’t really shine that much at Newcastle I don’t think.

MSP

He hasn’t shown enough to deserve a place in a champions league team from one of the top leagues IMO. He is ok but not great.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I know when he signed for Newcastle he wore leather trousers to his ‘unveiling’ at St James’ .

As an Arsenal fan I’m not sure if I’m happy he is off to LFC.

muggomagic

14 goals for Newcastle last season was a pretty good effort considering the run they went on after Christmas. He scored goals in the champions league for Marseilles so that’s a plus. He’ll most likely be a squad player at Liverpool good value at £8.5m

Blackhound

Remy could be a good buy scored a few goals at QPR and Newcastle in struggling teams so at Liverpool may do well. Doesn’t look like the type to work as hard as Suarez though.

If Rodgers gets £14m for Borini then I reckon he is already nailed on as manager of the year!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

He spent was it 25m on lallana so let’s hold off on the manager of the year award

dazh

We’d have been in a relegation battle last year without Remy’s goals so I wouldn’t worry too much about his goalscoring ability. I would however worry about everything else that comes with him. He is the very epitomy of an a***hole blinged up footballer who thinks the world revolves around him.

loum
    Free Member

howsyourdad1 – Member
    He spent was it 25m on lallana so let’s hold off on the manager of the year award

This.

Not much between the two. Remy scores similar or more goals and similar numbers of assists, and he’s more versatile as can play CF, striker and wide forward. A little older, but that experience comes with 25+ France caps and a similar number of Champions League appearances as opposed to a load of English lower league appearances. In my view, there’s no way Lallana’s worth three times as much on pure football terms. Either one’s massively overpriced or that’s a serious “a***hole blinged up footballer” discount.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

My other team is Bournemouth so they are very happy Lallana went for that much .

As Rafa used to say , it’s about the ‘squuuad’ these days and Remy is a decent squad player at a good price IMO

scandal42
    Free Member

Ulloa will shit him

binners

Well the bookies clearly aren’t impressed. Present odds of Liverpool winning the premiership next season are 66-1

I might have a tenner on them because:

A) I never win anything ever, so they’d immediately be cursed
    b) If by some miracle they do win it, at least my winnings would make this horror vaguely palatable

MSP

Either one’s massively overpriced or that’s a serious “a***hole blinged up footballer” discount.

Remy had a clause in his contract to allow a top 4 team to buy him for 8.5 mill, Lallana didn’t. His release clause rose to 11.5 for positions 5&6, and 15 million for the rest.

muggomagic

Ulloa will shit him

Ulloa is great and I’ll be sad to see him go. Hope he does well in the premier league.

scandal42
    Free Member

Ulloa is great and I’ll be sad to see him go. Hope he does well in the premier league.

I have liked the look of him for a while. Not sure the money is right though, seems a lot for an unproven striker at that level.

Then again Borini at £14m makes it look like a total steal.

muggomagic

Yeah well brighton didn’t need to sell him so if Leicester wanted him they were always going to pay over the odds for him.

mrmoofo

Ulloa is great and I’ll be sad to see him go. Hope he does well in the premier league

He’s going to be a loss this season – not sure that Hyyypia will get that much money, either ….

Sonor
    Free Member

QPR rather than a proper prem team

Well if every “prem” team must have a convicted drink driving alleged rapist in their team, I’m more than happy my team is not a proper prem team.

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’s a decent enough player and a good buy at £8.5m. I suppose with Suarez gone they are bolstering the bench / League Cup team. With pressure of PL and CL next year you need more squad players.

mashiehood
    Free Member

this time last year no one gave LFC a hope of doing anything other than pray for a miracle to get 4th place!

Tottenham were being touted for a tilt at the league and we dont need to say anything about Man U!

My prediction is:

Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Liverpool in that order.

binners

The bookies have got Man Yoo as second or Third favourites with City and Chelski. I wish I shared their optimism.

muggomagic

I have a feeling Liverpool might struggle to match the heights of last season. The loss of Suarez is going to be massive. Gerrard looked a little out of sorts towards the end of the season (and the World Cup). Plus they’ll be playing 2 big games a week for much of the season. A lot is resting on their new players hitting the ground running.

I’m going
    Chelsea
    arsenal
    City
    Man U.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As we are onto predictions – I’ll go Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal with Liverpool and ManU fighting it out for 4th. Manu U have the advantage of no CL football and I think that will be to their advantage. Had Liverpool not sold Suarez they would have been definite favourites for top 4 over Manu U

binners

Going off last seasons form, City are going to be the ones to beat. Now the scousers have to play midweek CL games too, normal service will be resumed. Worrying whether Everton will finish above them or not.

United back in the top four as they’ll be taking full advantage of not being in Europe, as Liverpool did last season

City
    Chelski
    United
    Arsenal

scandal42
    Free Member

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man City
    Burton Albion
    Liverpool

Jamie
    Free Member

Arsenal
    Arsenal
    Arsenal
    Arsenal Ladies.

….I may be biased.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Disappointingly I too think they will struggle with the loss of Suarez and both PL and CL football.

I know they intended to buy more squad players and that there was a budget for this. So why not go and spend the money from Suarez on someone exciting like James Rodriguez?

I would have personally liked to have seen a ‘big name’ star signed. In fact, Sanchez coming the other way from Barca would have been good.

weeksy

Why would James Rodriguez or Sanchez come to Liverpool ?

I’m all for big name signings, but you have to be realistic !

antennae
    Free Member

Present odds of Liverpool winning the premiership next season are 66-1

Who’s doing those marvellous odds? That’s got to be worth a fiver. Currently 12/1 on Betfair.

muggomagic

In the proper league

Fulham
    Norwich
    Wigan
    Brighton (i can dream)
    Cardiff
    Leeds

Jamie
    Free Member

Who’s doing those marvellous odds? That’s got to be worth a fiver. Currently 12/1 on Betfair.

Indeed. I use Betfred & Paddy Power, and they are both 10-1.

So why not go and spend the money from Suarez on someone exciting like James Rodriguez?

*chuckles*

binners

Well I got told about those odds this morning by our resident office scouser (they get everywhere)

Lying ****!

muggomagic

Real Madrid are going to have one hell of an attacking line up next season (assuming James head isn’t turned by the bright lights of Liverpool)
    Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, James

Jamie
    Free Member

Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, James

vs Neymar Messi Suarez.

Not sure Atlético Madrid will be able to do much this season, so back to the 2 team domination/borefest of La Liga.

muggomagic

Suarez is banned for ages, not convinced Neymar is that great. Messi he’s pretty good though. Best player at the World Cup apparently.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I use Betfred & Paddy Power, and they are both 10-1

E-mails Molly and DD plans intervention

We care about you Jamie and we are here for you

Not a bad signing for the money and a decent player for the cash – better than what you are off loading for more [ if he will go that is]

League will be

Chelsea
    Man u
    Arsenal
    City

In an order I am not prepared to predict

Pool crash and burn without his goals

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Loic Remy?’ is closed to new replies.