Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Loftzone Decking Kits
  • Premier Icon singlespeedstu

Anyone used a decking kit from Loftzone for storage in the roof space?
    Whats the quality/ease of fitting like?
    Anything better or as good but cheaper?

Premier Icon notmyrealname

We used them in our loft.

They’re easy enough to install but despite following the instructions they don’t seem overly sturdy!

Premier Icon singlespeedstu

Cheers for the reply.
    In what way are they not sturdy?

Premier Icon notmyrealname

They seem to flex and move a lot when you step on them. I’ve also found that the boards sag quite badly despite having very little weight on them.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu

Mmmm. Not very impressive then.

Premier Icon jsync

I’m also looking at this as an option, did you use their boards or something else? They recommend 18mm boards as a minimum with 600-610mm spacing on the supports, is this how they were fitted?

Thanks,

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Free Member

I used them but as others said I found them relatively flimsy and wouldn’t use them again. I only used the legs and put them on every joist, along with tongue and groove chipboard sheets.

There are more robust and cheaper options available which I’d use if I did it again.

Premier Icon 5lab
    Free Member

I used loftlegs in my current gaff, with lots of packs of the t&g loft floor packs from bnq\wickes (the ones that are 4’x1′). T&G the floor together, and interleave them so no join lines up with no other join. I have 600mm joist spacing and have never thought it feels flimsey in any way (other than during assembly – once its up its rock solid). I haven’t tried jumping on it, but there’s no sag underfoot. I’d reccomend, along with an impact driver to make very light work of screwing everything together

edit – the one thing I’d add is access to the lower screw holes is a little tight – a lot easier with a longer driver bit and/or an extension just to get the body of your screwdriver further away from the leg

Premier Icon zbonty

As above I used Wickes loft legs/tongue and groove board in the autumn. Very solid I’d say.
    Took most of a weekend to do it on my own and a fair amount of effort!
    I had an extension bar in the drill and prefitted screws to the legs. Still got 1/3 of it to do when I can be bothered..

Premier Icon PrinceJohn

I also used the Wickes Loft legs & tongue & grove boards, a lot of screwing, but gave me the ability to board a small space around our chimney & have no complaints with it at all.

Premier Icon dirkpitt74

We have the Loftzone stuff in our loft.
    Got a local installer to do it for us as I’m crap at that sort of stuff and it needed the hatch widening and a ladder installing.
    Didn’t take them long to do it, it seems really good stuff – I kept going and having a look at it when they were on breaks etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.