Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Loco etc – fork oil and weight question/where to buy?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

5wt oil for Lyriks – is Genuine rockshox oil rebranded Torco? Seen somewhere that they use torco 7.5wt for rockshox and claim its 5wt? Its for the damper so semi crucial, the putoline 5wt i have seem shit and is a couple of (damp shed) years old. Shall i just buy some official 5wt Rockshox oil and be done?

robhughes
    Free Member

Use this in mine and the damping is spot on.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motul-Expert-Semi-Synthetic-Fork-Oil-5w-1-litre-/180804925599
    It,s intended use is a bit more that a lyrik can throw at it..

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Rob – what damper are you running?

Scapegoat

http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/index.php?title=Suspension_Fluid

The now famous comparison chart shows you how the labelling of suspension oils is not exact…. I used Rock Oil SVI 5 which I got from the local motorcycle dealership. It works fine in Revs and Reba, both with MoCo damping

robhughes
    Free Member

I have used it in a few.
    Lyrik-mission damper.
    Rev-blackbox
    Pike-motion.
    All is good rob.I didn’t buy mine from ebay but from a local MX shop.just put the link up as it quite cheap there.Tis wonderful stuff.If it’s good enough for MX bikes i don’t think our contraptions will foam it up… 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

We use the fully synthetic Motul factoryline 5wt in all rockshox damper systems, we also sell it not because it’s cheap or we make a good margin but because we think it’s the best standard priced oil (a £30 a litre ‘racing’ oil would be better but then we’d have to charge silly money for a service 😉

Lower oil in rockshox we use 15wt expert semi synth Motul and mix a few other things in with it. But as standard it works very well too.

robhughes
    Free Member

Go on Si.What do you throw in it..do tell..
    Forget that as i know you perform voodoo magic on suspension so it,s probably the blood of a Haitian virgin.. 😉

zangolin
    Free Member

AFAIK – Rockshox now use re-branded Maxima fork oils (Used to be Torco re-branded)
    Maxima fork oil from UK based Ditbikebitz.com –
    Maxima Racing fork oil £9.98 inc postage for 1 Litre – 5wt, 7wt, 10wt + 15wt.
    Standard Maxima fork oil is even cheaper at £7.19 for 1 litre.

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/maxima-fork-oil-standard-fortified-sae-various-litre-p-26301.html

legend
    Free Member

My best local stockist is actually a Ducati dealer – cracking range of Shell oils, and very well priced

LoCo
    Free Member

Not telling 😛 if Motul is good enough for K Tech etc it’s good enough for us. 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

Does that mean iv’e got to keep on buying TF’s lower mix for ever then… 😉

twohats
    Free Member

My best local stockist is actually a Ducati dealer – cracking range of Shell oils, and very well priced

Trouble is, Shell oils are almost double the oil weight of what it says on the bottle, i.e. Shell 5wt = most other brands 10wt!

Goldigger
    Free Member

How does the motul oil compare to rockshoxs oil’s? Are the weights of each similar?
    Loco I looked on you site and couldn’t see any grease, I need some grease for my SID RCT3’s. What would you recommended?

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Loco etc – fork oil and weight question/where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.