Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Locking anchor point – recommend me one that be moved.
  • nixie

Currently use a big Oxford one that’s sturdy but fit once and never move. I’m about to move home and would like one that can be moved around this time. Need to be compatible with a bit thick chain. Sure I’ve seen one but can’t find it currently.

submarined
    Free Member

I may be missing something, but I think you may have trouble finding an anchor point that’s designed to be removable.

ta11pau1

You want the double doofer 😉

https://securityforbikes.com/proddetail.php?prod=DDAnchor

The chain needs to be at least an 11mm one though.

ton

I have a black dustbin full of concrete with a anchor point concreted into it. weighs about 200kg. I can just about roll it like a barrel.

submarined
    Free Member

This word pie tastes really salty!

DrP

the oxford ones are only like £15 aren’t they… could move 4 times before teh double doofer becomes worth it!

DrP

nixie

The Oxford one is £50 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Products-OF440-ANCHOR-GROUND/dp/B000R566NS).

Not intending to move again but need to fit a car and a massive big dummy into the garage. Think may need to move things around before finding the best layout. Going to use the cheaper Oxford ones for kids bikes as they are going on the walls. There’s not room for a bin of concrete.

The double doofer is the one I’d seen. Thanks 👍. Chain is 15mm so should be ok with the plates that the doofer comes with.

benpinnick

There used to be one that was a 60mm (ish) long steel cylinder, but at one end capped but with a 11mm hole, and part way down the cylinder it had a transverse hole drilled through it. You secured it down with an M10 shield anchor (£1 ish) and when you put the lock through the anchor bolt head became innacessible. Cheap, quick, easy. The weak point was just the wall you bolt it to. So easy in fact I might wonder next door and see how much our local machine shop could make one for.

DrP

Oxford grounds anchor is £17….

I’ve got several… They’re not going anywhere!

DrP

trumpton
    Free Member

Bucket filled with concrete and with a metal hoop set into it. You can buy smallish bags of ready mix concrete where you just add water to.

nixie

@drp that’s the baby version. The full fat one is £50ish. No point is having a chunky chain and lock only to scrimp on the attachment point.

@trumpton
    , while that would work it’s not as secure as a mount bolted to the wall/floor and also takes more room. Also given the cost of ready mix to get a heavy enough weight might as well just buy a proper one.

DrP

Yeah…maybe….
    I’m pretty happy with the 17 quid versions tbh…. no one’s going to cut through them!
    Not sure what the bigger version offers, but hey ho!

DrP

revs1972
    Free Member

I have a black dustbin full of concrete with a anchor point concreted into it. weighs about 200kg. I can just about roll it like a barrel.

You’re not selling this to me as an effective security system ….😂😂

prettygreenparrot

The double doofer is pretty good indeed.

they’re all removable. You just need the right tools. And some fresh concrete/brick/floor.

Paceman
    Free Member

Bucket filled with concrete and with a metal hoop set into it. You can buy smallish bags of ready mix concrete where you just add water to.

+1 for this

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Locking anchor point – recommend me one that be moved.’ is closed to new replies.