Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 195 total)
  • Lockdown Rave
  • cowolter
    Free Member

I miss ABGT250 Seven Lions & Jason Ross
    It was beyond amazing. Everyone there was a fan of anjuna everything. The movie night, the main night, the deep set. Camping.. Having people walk by and say hi. The loving vibes.

eskay

@sofaboy73 – That Sasha tape is such an all time classic.

I remember queuing at Lakota once to see him but never got in.

Did get to seen him at universe though.

Still some of my favourite sounds were from DiY, Circus Warp and Spiral Tribe because they all put on absolutely mental free parties.

Saturday nights were always calling the spiral tribe number from a phone box or meeting in a service station waiting for some info and then heading off to a party.

Bank holidays were the best because the news always told you where the ‘new age travellers’ had pitched up for an all weekend rave!

Some of the DiY and Spiral mixes from Castle moreton are my favourites because it was such a momentous turning point in popular culture and me and mates were there for 4 heavy days.
    We never realised at the time that we were in a real moment in history.

The following week we met in Stroud to protest against the arrests and then onto a party on cleeve hill (if memory serves me).

Amazing times and probably never to be repeated. The tracking technology wasn’t a thing back then so it was a real game of cat and mouse and more often than not the mouse won.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Astrix and Space

Cloud Nine

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Something for the weekend.

sirromj

Just came across this released last year… fits other than release date

fluided
    Free Member

fluided
    Free Member

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Narrow Minds eh….

somafunk

Been enjoying working my way through this thread, the tunes have brought back lots of happy memories which is surprising considering the altered states I used to get into, cheers all.

Heres something from Joris Voorn, A live session from his studio with Roland TB-303, TR-909, MC-202, JD-990 + FX, way too short at 10mins but well worth watching/listening to

eskay

I would love a 303

stanfree
    Free Member

DJ Rap

One of the best sets I ever saw at a rave at the Rezerection probably in 91 , then just discovered she is on youtube and still utterly gorgeous.

Also listened to great Nightmares on wax and Peggy Gou boiler rooms. Have spent hours on my sons Numarks this lockdown and really enjoyed it , mixing is a bit train wreck at times and get worse the more I drink but hey ho.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

A bit of flange and a spelling error

sirromj

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Call to prayer

tayls
    Free Member

Hey Chester great thread, something more mellow for a monday comedown

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Marshmallowed

tayls
    Free Member

twonks

Just bounced my way through this thread, AirPlaying the tunes to the hi-fi, much to my wife’s bemusement.

Didn’t know her when I was raving and this isn’t her cup of tea at all.

Takes me right back though and a lot of this thread is amazing.

And all of this album is great

sunnrider
    Free Member

Inspired by the DJ Sammon above.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I’d go for the instrumental of that Congress track, that vocal has been shoehorned in!

Or the Janis Joplin Tribute JJ Tribute.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Think the Congress riff was from this

sunnrider
    Free Member

chestercopperpot
    I’d go for the instrumental of that Congress track, that vocal has been shoehorned in!

I’ve always liked the vocal, it adds something imho. But I do remember it getting a very Marmite response. Instrumental is still ace too.

But if you want some proper nasty vocals, I believe there was a vocals added version of Orbital’s Belfast…

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

It did.

The vocals could be pretty iffy back then (limited sampler memory and lack of pitch independent time stretching) and were often added in later releases for radio play. Some were such an afterthought/resented by the artist they were even out of key!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

more…

binners

If anyones into their cheesy piano house, this is an absolute belter of a mix of some classics from the bonkers nights in 90-92 at Wigan Pier. Loving the samples of the news footage from the day mixed in over the Hardcore Uproar intro.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

can’t get this to embed:

https://youtu.be/B7MAD76eFc0

no idea why… need your lovin, but not that crappy chart single baby d version

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I’ve not posted any mixes because that was how most people first heard these tracks, that or via compilations. Most were vinyl EPs (the first releases/promos’s/white labels) owned by DJ’s, wannabe DJ’s and “enthusiasts”. Hence a lot of people didn’t know the names of the tracks, as they were mixed, cut/mashed up, pitched up and well you know!

Vaughn Bode that is…..

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

What was that mantra again….

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Only one Prodigy tune so far (minus points for that) and we haven’t exhausted the playlist by a long stretch. Not touched many of the cheesier/big hitters yet!

reeksy

reeksy

This went a bit mainstream … but definitely earwormy.

reeksy

reeksy
    eskay

@reeksy – really like the Ragga Twins, I saw them in the moon club (before it became Lakota) in Bristol when they were just starting out.

They are still going today and pop up all over the place.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@mrmonkfinger There you go embedded now. Yeah that link won’t have it for some reason.

dannybgoode

I’ll stick up one of my own mixes. 75 minutes of electro silliness 🙂

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Listen to the bassline talk.

It’s about time we quit playing games.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Merry Christmas bellends

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.