• This topic has 90 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Lockdown jobs you’d otherwise never get round to…
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Early start today and got another tick off the lockdown-list by 9am.

Floor in my living room cupboard was collapsing.
    Found some old laminate flooring and ply in a shed a while back.
    Now the cupboard isn’t so dangerous. Probably could have done a more comprehensive/neater job, but that was all the materials I had to hand.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I shaved the side of Mrs Squirrels head last night, wouldn’t have got to do that outside of lockdown.

AD

Cleaned and polished (sort of) the engine bay of our 2003 Cooper S.
    Probably now guaranteed the engine will self-destruct as first opportunity.
    Just need to replace the Bowden cable on the seat tilt mechanism now… A most tricky job by all accounts! I think I’m gonna continue to procrastinate about that one.

dirkpitt74

Sorting the garage!
    Only taken 2.5 years…..
    Started off like this:

And eventually ended up like this:

Got the kids bikes to put on the opposite wall and a garden store to build to out the mower and other gardening stuff in.

Also done a fair bit in the garden (and I don’t like gardening…) including jetwashing the patio and paths, edging the lawns and hacking back nextdoors front hedge.

phil5556

Scarified the lawn, which was mostly moss. Still got to go over it again.

stox
    Free Member

Another one for sorting and painting the garage. 3 days in the sunshine last week. I’ve since outdone Halfords floor tiles down. Just a few finishing touches left to do and a bit of shelf sorting

Then I’m going to attempt to ‘tart up’ that old workbench

johndoh
    Free Member

Another one here that’s tidied a garage (but not an epic one like others attempts). Currently halfway through painting the outside of the house (mock Tudor woodwork + all fascias and guttering). The garden is also taking shape and we have a potting shed full of seedlings on the go. The inside of the house looks like a bomb has hit it though 😹

Ohh, and I have laid some paving down the side of the house using some of those big old 80s stones that must weigh a good 120kg (I had them stored from an old patio that I lifted a couple of years ago).

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Britain in Bloom competition this year is gonna be a beezer

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cleaned out the gaggia classic. Holy ****, I have no idea how I’m still alive, drinking out of that!.

Stripped down a log store too, turns out 2 is enough after all. I’ll fashion a compost bin from the wood.

phil5556

I’ve just painted my calipers. They were originally a reasonably nice bronze, they are now a not so nice gold!

I had to replace the rears a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t get any of the matching bronze so they went gold, thought I’d best do the fronts to match.

NZCol

I need to be back at work as this is knackering me out:
    All outside windows sanded, primed and painted – 16 in all
    Whole gable end ivy stripped back and cut right down
    Ivy removed from kitchen wall
    All outdoor retaining walls repainted
    Fences painted
    All pictures put up inside
    Halfway through epic railings repainting
    I hate old houses.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Lockdown jobs you’d otherwise never get round to…’ is closed to new replies.