Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lockdown Farm 312880
  • gkeeffe

Went for a ride today at Abbott Park nr Oxen Park South Lakes there was a sign on the gate saying please don’t go any further re corona etc etc. It’s a bridleway through a large yard. I turned round and went elsewhere. Is this sort of thing happening everywhere? It’s probably illegal but …

Murray

Whether illegal or not it’s understandable. People are scared.

cyclelife
    Free Member

There’s people riding past my house all day!

finephilly
    Free Member

Central government has instructed local councils to close ROW where ‘large numbers of people may gather’…

BenjiM

I’ve told a number of walkers today to pass through by the shortest route and get off the property. We’re a food business, have a number of footpaths passing through the farm and really don’t want people taking their “1” daily exercise through the premises. It seems people are taking the piss when it comes to the taking the dog for a walk bit.

nuke

I hate the thought of a farmer particularly with livestock getting covid…the smaller farmers especially are unlikely to have stockmen etc that they can rely on. So actually, i think they should be allowed to divert the public…id be terrified if i was a farmer right now

MoreCashThanDash

BBC News – Coronavirus: Edale farmer attacked after telling walker to go home
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52034329

martinhutch

We’re now in the most non-stop period of the year for many sheep farmers around here. Lambing won’t wait for them to get out of hospital. Sanitise (as much as possible) any gate latches that your local farmers will be using.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lockdown Farm 312880’ is closed to new replies.