Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lockdown bike build
  • dallas95
    Free Member

Had a load of parts so been looking for a cheap(ish) frame to build a hardtail. As I had wheels with a 142×12 rear, the frame had to work with those. Found a Vitus Sentier which got delivered today.

Frame weight with bb, thru-axle and headset cups installed is just over 2kg. with the parts I’ve got this should build into a nice lightweight bike.

Time to get cracking!

poah
    Free Member

nice – where did you find the frame? I’ve just built up a HT too.

dallas95
    Free Member

Nice build @poah. It looks good in the snow!

I got mine off ebay. I was looking for a while but this looks like it will do the job. I’ve never had a Vitus but the reviews are positive so I’m looking forward to trying it. I’m just waiting for mech, shifter and dropper lever to arrive and then I’m done.

poah
    Free Member

I looked at getting a new frame but couldn’t find anything cheap or in 135/142 size so stuck with the 2015 hornet

dallas95
    Free Member

Don’t know what’s happened to my photos but I finished the build today. Link to slides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY5nYLew9cM

dallas95
    Free Member

Made a couple of changes and this is pretty much done. Just an under bar lever for the dropper and that will be it.

poah
    Free Member

pics or video not working

dallas95
    Free Member

Don’t know why the photos keep disappearing. They uploaded when I made the original post.

New link to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWW38VFgGgY

dallas95
    Free Member

Trying the photo upload again from a different host.

Saccades
    Free Member

That works, looks really good.

poah
    Free Member

that works. I use pinkbike for my pics. Bike looks good.

I got out on mine today for the first time. Forgot to tighten the saddle lol

dallas95
    Free Member

Short update.

Got out for a first proper ride this morning. Took a route from Hebden Bridge up to Colden and then over Gorple to Hardcastle Craggs and back into Hebden. The bike and components are great and it was perfect for my route. The frame combined with the gearing made the climbs easier than I remembered and I can’t wait to do more.

First climb done so stop for a drink and a photo.

Crossing the river Hebden. Just over halfway and the bike is feeling good now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lockdown bike build’ is closed to new replies.