• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • lock up your horse
  • showerman
    Free Member

just been watching bbc news and it would seem that there is an increase in horse theft.
    at the end they advised to lock up your horse knowing how easy the scum are stealing bikes on this forum with the many locks that are being used how do you lock a horse
    was thinking a super magnet on the floor so the horse shoes stick to it so cannot move till switched off.

spooky_b329

Apart from locking the gate to the yard in a half-arsed attempt to stop them simply walking our with your horse, there isn’t much you can do.

You can’t lock the stables due to the risk of fire, anyone who spots smoke needs to be able to let the horses out.

sc-xc

Use a paddock lock and don-key.

😐

hexhamstu
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bring back hanging.

Bunnyhop

Most horses these days are branded and/or micro chipped, hopefully this should be a deterrent.

My pony hated men, so if one ever attempted to go near her she would have a massive bucking and kicking session.
    Sorry not much help there.

project
    Free Member

What do you do with a stolen horse,theyre a bit big for the freezer, and a whole one would last your dog for a year.

I believe some people actually sit on them and ride them slowly down country lanes ,but only when the sun is shining.

showerman
    Free Member

bad news regarding micro chips the scum are hacking them out, word now is you have to dna your pride and joy

br
    Free Member

We’ve horses and tbh like most things if someone really decides to steal it there is very little you can do…

Just hope the buggers won’t load for them, like they won’t load for me 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘lock up your horse’ is closed to new replies.