Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • lock on grips
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

the no-brand lock ons on my norco are pretty worn out now, and since i just got a new set of bars i decided i might as well shove some brand new grips on it too. but i have no idea which ones to get!
    i have old(ish) odi ruffians on my other bike and they’re okay but what else should i consider, perhaps for a few quid less? are the superstar copies any good? i’ve not got massive hands so i’d prefer reasonably thin ones too. oh, and also maybe available from wiggle so i can make use of a voucher code i have!

trailflow
    Free Member

i bought some superstars and they wore out in two weeks 👿

rocketman
    Free Member

Massive hands you say? You need some Race Face Strafe.

Edit: soz just re-read your post, you don’t need Race Face Strafe 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

Just out of interest is it a £5 or £25 voucher?
    (wondering if they still issue them? Not on the cadge for yours – though if anyone has a unused one…).

Anyways, m8 has the std superstar ones and it looks like they’ve worn out pretty damned quickly (I ain’t buying any!)
    I’ve ended up sticking with the ODI ones, at least I know they’ll last.
    Though I’m trying out the ODI Rogues (cheer old-MTBer, I do like them – took a few rides to get used to), as I do have large hands.
    ODI Yeti’s have always been my main choice up till now.

lunge

I like the Orange Strange ones, they are veryb thin though whoch may or may not appeal.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’s a £5 off £50 (for completing some survey they sent).
    may well stick with ODI then.
    anyone got or tried the charge lock ons though?

z1ppy

cheers… looks like they’ve stopped send those vouchers out them..

Oh did get hold of some Bontrager ones (off here) with a single inner clamp for the g/f. Seems pretty good but she hasn’t put a lot of use on the bike, so can’t comment on durability.

_tom_
    Free Member

I really liked my Superstar mushroom grips, they don’t make that style any more though 🙁 Closest I’ve found in comfort to them is the ODI X-trainers – quite thin as well so should be ok for you. I use them without any gloves and they’re comfy 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Got some NukeProof ones.

Very Comfy.

toys19
    Free Member

I have 3 x sets of the superstar ones, great kit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘lock on grips’ is closed to new replies.