Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Loch Leven Heritage Trail – Burned out bird hide
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I don’t know if this is OK to post, but a couple of weeks ago one of the bird hides on the Heritage Trail around Loch Leven, Kinrossshire, was burned down in what appears to be an act of wilful fire-raising (Scot’s Law equivalent of arson). Two teenage boys have been arrested and charged. I know that trail is well used by families, cyclist and birdwatchers (sometimes all three!), and the loss of this hide will be sorely felt by both by locals and the visitors to this popular trail. It was great spot to sit and have a wee rest if riding round the loch.

Nature.Scot (New name for Scottish Natural Heritage) have launched a Go-Fund Me page to raise funds to rebuild the hide. The good news is the foundations should be able to be reused. If you felt able to contribute, it would be great. Please don’t forget Gift-Aid if applicable.

https://www.mypark.scot/projects/rebuild-the-mill-hide/

progboytam

That is a shame. Thanks for posting the link.

They should make the wee bastards pay for it themselves

13thfloormonk

Thanks, donated.

We’re not too far away (other side of the Forth Road Bridge). A bunch of wee scrotes broke in and vandalised the local adventure play centre the other week. On a positive note, most of them got dragged back by their parents to apologise/fess up once identified on FB 😁

scruff9252

Absolutely this^^

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Sadly we all know that this is very unlikely to be possible and even more unlikely to happen.

Thanks for donating @13thfloormonk .

LLNNR is apparently the most visited NNR in Scotland. I believe the Heritage Trail attracts over 4 times the annual users than projected at the planning stage.

13thfloormonk

The heritage trail is also an excellent gravel connector between Blairadam and the Lomonds. Not one for a sunny Sunday afternoon right enough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Loch Leven Heritage Trail – Burned out bird hide’ is closed to new replies.