Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Loch Eck / Cowal Peninsula riding
  • teenrat

We are staying near Loch Eck next week on the Cowal peninsula. Could anyone provide any info on riding and routes please.

big_scot_nanny

What kinda stuff are you looking for? Gravel? Road? MTB Singletrack?

teenrat

sorry, i should have said. Trail, xc or downhill. Ill be taking my hardcore 29er hardtail so will be equipped for most riding.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IHN

Ride right next to the loch because…….

by Eck it’s good.

I’ll get my coat.

13thfloormonk

Looks like there’s a good variety of trails above Dunoon built for the Enduro races held there?

big_scot_nanny

I’m sure there will be others that chip in with more experience, but I was home in Gourock at Christmas and went across on the boat for a day for an explore of the full on MTB trails.

Trailforks has most of the Enduro trails on it, though I suspect there are loads more. Recommend downloading the app, a map of the area and go explore. I Found them very ‘black’, my son had no bother, the bastard.

There is a absolute shit load of very well built walking paths all over the Cowal peninsula, and round loch Eck itself, nice for more of an XC tour – have a gander at Cowal mountain bike club on Facebook, and https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/argyll/cowal.shtml will give some ideas too

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

A similar question posted a few years back prompted the reply that it might be worth checking out ‘pucks glen’. mind the walkers!

2tyred

Love the Cowal peninsula, great part of the country.

Glorious road riding, from Hell’s Glen at the top, down round Tignabruaich, Otter Ferry, Strachur – the roads are fantastic.

Brilliant trails above Dunoon in Bishop’s Glen, up above the reservoir, handbuilt with love by the local crew. Have a look at Trailforks, then really just head up and follow your nose, it’s one of those places where it’s better to explore than to know in advance exactly where you’re going, if you know what I mean.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Loch Eck / Cowal Peninsula riding’ is closed to new replies.