Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pimp my Long Mynd route
  • djflexure

Planning to ride Sunday – about 20 miles. Going with a buddy who has not ridden for a while, so want to put a good trip together. I don’t know the area that well so have poured over a few maps and gpx files.

Probably park at Church Stretton:

Unsure how to start: Might avoid Carding Mill. Have gone over through the golf club before and on to Plush Hill. It was OK. Perhaps should try Portway/ Darnford/ Ratlinghope. Then its either straight up to shooting box or on to Coates Farm and up. Any advice here?

To end I thought Minton Batch, Hamperly, Nut Batch back up to Port Way
    Then down to Handless Farm, through Asterton, climb up Stanbatch, descend to Little Stretton.

Looks like a great route on paper – any hints or tips appreciated.
    Can we go in the pub at Bridges in our kit or will it be posh Sunday lunch only?

Ben_Haworth

Going up Carding Mill will be fine IME re: walker traffic. It’s a good way up that spits you out somewhere useful.

ononeorange

I was there yesterdray – had a brilliant ride. I don’t claim to know the area at all well, but I went up from Marshbrook up the road to Minton, turned left then right at the end and went up the track through the woods to the glider field (I do like that climb). I went down Cardingmill then back up the road and down Minton Batch. Then did the first climb again just as I enjoyed it so much the first time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Need to include the Minton Batch, one of the best descents in the known universe. And that includes the bit of woods at the back of my house.

oli82
    Free Member

Jinlye down to Gogbatch can be a fun roller-coaster, but you don’t half pay for it with the climb back out!

There’s a descent off the back kind of opposite Minton Batch that is steep and chute-y, not sure quite what it’s called. Not good coming up 🙁

daftdom
    Free Member

If you start from church stretton, pop into Plush Hill Cycles and they have some little route guides with most of the best rideable trails in the area!!! 🙂

djflexure

Anyone familiar with the pub at Bridges, can we get lunch there in our kit?

Which climb is better from up to shooting box?

Cheers

Si

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Yes you can get served at the pub in Bridges even when muddy 🙂

thered

Hmmmm, i like the look of some of them

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Back of Minton Batch ia another good descent and a 1 mile off to the left after you hit the road is a biker friendly pub

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Rode this the other weekend and was pretty good.
    http://www.mbswindon.co.uk/ride-long-mynd-eastridge-hopton/
    Maps are down the page.

djflexure

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pimp my Long Mynd route’ is closed to new replies.