Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Local rides for local people weekend pics pt 50
  • Alex

Good looking mutt that.

Sandwich

He’s not doing badly for his third home. Directionally he’s not very sound yet but it was only his third outing with a bike. The mud though was very, very stinky!

We can’t get him to bulk up though, he’s eating the max recommended amount on the bag for his weight. Usually this is too much food (the makers always overstate the amount needed), he’s burning it up but not losing more weight.

Yesterday we did a short park run it was a nightmare, today recall and direction were working properly again.

teethgrinder

More local riding from the door again. Canny lucky there’s hills and woods and trails not far from the door.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    roverpig

Took a spin down to loch kinord. Bit of a grey and rainy start but it’s never as bad once you start and it dried up a bit later.

iainc

Local, road 40 mile loop from home

Bez

As a rare break from the gravel bike, I went out with some flat bars—largely because I finally found an Inbred frame to buy so I could stick an old pair of wheels on it. Inevitably it’s ace.

StirlingCrispin

I chased my son (14-yrs old so 800m of climbing is a normal day for him) up Bengengie:

Bengengie

The descent is brake- smoking.

Looking back up.

Craig Leith

Alex

@sandwich. Good on you giving him a home. Recall on our younger lab is about 90%. It’s the other 10% tho when we really want her to come back 🙂

vmgscot

Another local ride in the local hills under local lockdown….

Afton Kirkconnel drovers

Anybody know what this trailside object might be…

Kello Water thing

ready

Perfect weekend, if a tad chilly. Dry, prime trails Saturday. Very pleasant 40 miler Sunday. Shame about all the walkers!

fooman

We were out in the woods yesterday practicing some tricky moves
    loggit
    Even Mrsfoo was inspired to step up and ride some features for the first time. wowzers

weeksy

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kJn2RG]2021-03-09_09-47-18[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

My lad informs me it’s rest day today, so was a bit of spannering, brake bleeding and some cleaning going on.

jimmy748

QE over the quarry side yesterday afternoon on my way home from a job, Bermies was riding sweet. Heading out again later before the weather turns.

BillOddie

Pics from the weekend, things are drying out slowly but fear these weeks rain might put us back a couple of weeks…

Rode the local woods on Saturday and then headed out Sunday with boys over the hill into Charnwood where it’s slightly drier.

ElShalimo

@vmgscot – was it metal or concrete?

looks like a re-purposed tank of some sort

@ready
    – great owl! Was that around dusk?

vmgscot

@ElShalimo – it was metal – 2″ thick at that!
    Somebody thinks there may have been a blast works at this remote spot some time ago so maybe related to that.

13thfloormonk

@matt_outandabout

40km around back roads hunting sunshine and stalking @globalti new house

Where is this? I think this will soon be my local riding too, moving from Edinburgh to Auchterarder next week! 🙂

Went out for one last Fife gravel loop in good company on Saturday.

Slightly unsatisfactory ride overall, the final ‘missing link’ of my notional perfect gravel loop was blocked off by an angry farmer, cue fairly lengthy debat-u-ment which ended sort of amicably, but with us turning tail and heading back the way we came.

On the plus side, trails were running sooooo fast though after a winter of mud, loving the twisty singletrack bits on almost slick gravel tyres, some interesting sideways moments. Legs also good, scored a 2nd place on a reasonable sized local climb (pipped for KOM by buddy who decided to give chase at last minute and happens to weigh 20kg less than me…).

One last ride before house move, West Lothian Council are just applying to finishing touches to some lovely new tar on a couple of my favourite roads, would be a shame not to take a freshly serviced bike and freshly rested legs out for a quick blast 🙂

ready

@ElShalimo it was around the 5pm mark. Owl was just chilling on a signpost! Stopped to take a picture and he flew a bit further down the road. He seemed just as interested in us as we were of him, pretty cool!

ElShalimo

It’s a great photo !

stcolin
    Free Member

Took a run over to Marple from the house again on Saturday. Was surprisingly dry on the trails. Total loop is around 42 miles which includes a mile 10 loop around Marple.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kJovKc]Marple[/url] by Colin, on Flickr

birky
    Free Member

High Keillor stone, Strathmore on sunday
    https://i.imgur.com/1eH9MzS.jpg

singlespeedstu

Managed to get out again today.
    Took a ride over to check out Bowhill trails.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kJs7Vv]Take It To The Bridge.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

jimmy748

Last of 4 days in a row of riding and a total of 10,364ft in 87 miles, but conditions have been amazing, shame the forecast is terrible for the next few days.

jimmy748

Some GoPro footage of tonight’s ride

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMNvLS8hK5U/?igshid=1nyaoont8ppf

davros

One more ride before the rain and wind comes

Night

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Local rides for local people weekend pics pt 50’ is closed to new replies.